Why do people....... More..... - Page 25 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #241
Gregg M
Marcia, I do not see it being a problem as long as it stays civil..... Everyone has been doing a great job by not directly insulting anyone..... I find it interesting to say the least, and it is nice to see what people believe.....

Old 02-25-2005, 07:13 PM   #242
riverjop
LMAO...What does any of this have to do with Geckos?
Marcia... the more I think talking about the origins of man, the bible and who thinks what is what the more that beer is calling my name from the refrigerator...........Over & Out!

Old 02-25-2005, 08:43 PM   #243
montezuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
See, this is why people always dont want to fully understand evolution. Our DNA can or never will tie directly to apes. Why is that you ask?
Why is that? Please feel free to enlighten us...

Quote:
There was always 2 similar species on the earth at the same time. Then a 3rd new species shows up and takes off. Suggesting hybridization of our relatives (since millions of years ago we did not know nor care about the hybrid issue like we do now, Heck some people think inbreeding is a.o.k still.....). There is also proof of skulls and bones that fall between both species at the times.
It is quite obvious to hold this theory that their would have to be an overlap of each of these supposed species or they could not have been produced... How about some evidence? Now, did you know that their are no technical terms for IDing these supposed species? If a non-time conforming fossil is found, scientist (admittidly) will call it what they need it to be called... it'd be a shame to disprove your own theory for which all your grant money depends on!
Quote:
Technically Put, We are a hybrid of neanderthals crossbreeding with another human-like specie at the time (refer to chart). For anyone to look at the skeleton of homo-erectus and not think evolution happened is not wanting to pull the wool off their eyes.
I believe that the paleantologists have had more than their share of fun pulling the wool over peoples eyes. Do you really seriously think that from a single tooth ANYONE could draw what the whole animal looked like? Does DNA actually contain some sort of map of how a body looked? I tell yah what, I will pull out one of my teeth.. you take it to some world renown anthrolpologist or paleantologist, tell them you found it near some broken Indian pottery and see if they can draw me. I bet you they draw you an Indian.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:20 PM   #244
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by montezuma
I believe that the paleantologists have had more than their share of fun pulling the wool over peoples eyes. Do you really seriously think that from a single tooth ANYONE could draw what the whole animal looked like? Does DNA actually contain some sort of map of how a body looked? I tell yah what, I will pull out one of my teeth.. you take it to some world renown anthrolpologist or paleantologist, tell them you found it near some broken Indian pottery and see if they can draw me. I bet you they draw you an Indian.
Actually, dentition varies considerably from geographic locations. You may well lose that bet.

If you doubt me, watch different colors of people as they smile. Take note of the similarities and differences that you see. I BET, if you're clever at all, that you'll change your mind.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:42 PM   #245
montezuma
Well, let me see here. I live in Arizona... have lived in CA, NJ, MN, WA, VA, IL and OH. Is that enough geographic locales for yah?

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post... If you believe in something you shouldn't have to scour the internet to "find" what you believe. Then you are just regurgitating someone elses belief simply for the sake of making yourself feel better about not believing other theories.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #246
Wilomn
Quote:
Well, let me see here. I live in Arizona... have lived in CA, NJ, MN, WA, VA, IL and OH. Is that enough geographic locales for yah?

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post... If you believe in something you shouldn't have to scour the internet to "find" what you believe. Then you are just regurgitating someone elses belief simply for the sake of making yourself feel better about not believing other theories.
No, it's not enough, and nowhere NEAR enough space between them.

I'm talking about africa, asia, the pacific islands, australia, europe, the americas, you know, continents, large islands, isolated populations on the steppes of mongolia.

If you were to take teeth of humans from each of these areas you would find very large differences between them.

North America is far too small a sample area to find the distinctions of which I speak.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:59 PM   #247
lefty_mussolini
Quote:

Actually, I scour the internet to try and find evidence to support things I believe to be true. I use many sources... rather than one dusty old book.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #248
StinaUIUC
Quote:
Does DNA actually contain some sort of map of how a body looked?
umm...yes......we may not know what every gene is or what it does....but DNA absolutely does map out how a body looks (other than things that can be changed mechanically...like weight and muscle development). Also I pose the question once again that no one answered before....

If there is no evolution...then why is our genetic code made to allow it?!

Old 02-25-2005, 11:35 PM   #249
Sarah H
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Actually, dentition varies considerably from geographic locations. You may well lose that bet.

If you doubt me, watch different colors of people as they smile. Take note of the similarities and differences that you see. I BET, if you're clever at all, that you'll change your mind.

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread(missed too much), but this statement is very true. I work in people mouths all day long and I have clearly seen this. The shape of the teeth, coloration, length of cusps, different indentations, etc. Even jaw shape can be an indicator most of the time.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:56 PM   #250
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Why is that? Please feel free to enlighten us...

It is quite obvious to hold this theory that their would have to be an overlap of each of these supposed species or they could not have been produced... How about some evidence? Now, did you know that their are no technical terms for IDing these supposed species? If a non-time conforming fossil is found, scientist (admittidly) will call it what they need it to be called... it'd be a shame to disprove your own theory for which all your grant money depends on!
Well gene, It would also be a shame for creationism to be disproven. The church will always stop any truths from being told and acknowledged, because the church depends on the tax breaks and goverment money to keep running. The church still does not accept an ancienct lost gospel, from where jesus said that god said "let no man worship me in houses made of stone or wood". Wich was dated to the time of other gospels, but they will make no claim to it.

Heck, most of you forget why the lutheran church was even founded. It's because the roman catholic church would make you Repent for your sins in GOLD. Martin luther dis-liked the greed the old world church was all about and formed his own "free" churches. Don't believe me? look up why did martin luther founded the lutheran church. It was widely known about the bad history the church had at that time.

I have one question for you creationist.
Quote:
A river flows out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it divides and becomes four branches. The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one that flows around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; and the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there. The name of the second river is Gihon; it is the one that flows around the whole land of Cush. The name of the third river is Tigris, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.
What was the point of god telling adam and eve about gold, if this bible is suposed to be the accounts of first man and woman? They were alone. NO use for any gold at all. No way to forge it or anything else. Not even 50 generations later, would it still matter, for there would still be no true society for it to be used on.

You know the Greeks used to have a way to explain how things came to be in their time too, 1,000's of years before christianity. The sad part is, is that it's so outdated with how they thought things worked, That its called mythology. It was not what the greeks called it back in those times, but now to modern civilization they are seen as just myths.

Also, hundreds of years make people forget what other things our people once used to believe in, before all that was disproven.

Example: They claimed the world was flat and you woudl sail off the edge and die. They came to this conclusion, because there was no mention of other lands in the bible. Therefore when christopher columbus, asked the church for money to fund a trip to find new worlds, they thought he was insane and did not give him money. See who came out right on this one don't you?

Another one: The bible made no mention of red-man or black-man, THUS we killed them and enslaved them. Because we claimed god made us, not them. Again Not a lie, this is all true. The KKK's whole basis for hate, is this reason.

A Third: The Salem Witch Trials. Does this need explanation?

I can go on with gross misconceptions, thanks in part to the bible, people thought was true. So true millions of people held these beliefs true to their hearts. They also did not want to hear the truth either.

I think its odd that in the 1800's people had no trouble believing africans came from monkey's (Since this is how that stero type came into play), but when it actaully proves that we did too, They don't like hearing it......

Also, as far i know i am the only making the claim that we are hybrids of other early man. Even with all the links i have to back up what i say, its still overlooked. when there is evidence all around of this stuff Neanderthal man and Archaic man Both shared a span of time togather of 200,000 years. These people would have met one another. I notice this pattern, which its obvious to me on what is happening.

ALL i have to ask is where is proof that creation happened?
For CREATION to be acurate, Remind you, We have to be only days older than the world itself. The world is over 3.8 billion years old, homo sapiens have only been dated as far back as 150,000 years ago. Africanus (upright walking ape) Goes back 6 million years ago while homo erectus is 1.5+ million years old. There is a clear pattern to this.

It's been proven the world did not even have the right oxygen levels on earth at the time of the dinosaurs. They were found with breathing systems like birds, which shows they were breathing low oxygen on the ground.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!