Is the Fall From Grace fatal to the Good Guy Certs? - Page 29 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: What do you think...?
Good Guy Certification is irrevocably destroyed by the "Bad Guy" actions 2 4.88%
Good Guy Certification doesn't mean anything. 10 24.39%
I don't think anything has changed. 6 14.63%
I think that the Good Guy Certification program is just great. 2 4.88%
The Good Guy Certification Program has DONE IT'S JOB 20 48.78%
The Good Guy Certification Program is the best part of the BOI 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2005, 05:41 PM   #281
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
You side stepped my question, Wes. So I will ask it again.

Did the rules say, before Bill signed up, that it would be here for Life? Or is that being added after the fact?

ANY rule change that happens AFTER signing up should include the option of withdrawing from the program. One may not have signed up if those rules were in place to begin with.
How can there be a rule change if there was nothing specified about it at all from the beginning? Quite frankly, based on most people's understanding of the permanent nature of things posted on the BOI, I think anyone pondering this point about this issue would likely have considered that the certification thread would perhaps be permanent as well. It certainly would be logically consistent with how the BOI is run, wouldn't it?

Basically it was undefined, in my opinion. There is nothing that said I had to do ANYTHING either way.

Personally, my gut feeling is that a permanent record may be much more of an incentive for participants to try real hard to remain good guys. Shouldn't that REALLY be the goal of this program anyway? Or do people only want to use it as a type of advertising for themselves, but only if things are going well for them? As long as they are doing good business, they want their name associated with the program, but if they fumble the ball, they then want it swept under the rug?

And someone here is claiming they will NOT participate in the program BECAUSE of the permanent nature of it (if it does in fact go that way)? Personally, I would sincerely HOPE that anyone applying for this certificate would actually BE a good guy and plan on remaining that way. Quite frankly, if you have any doubts about your ability to be able to make that grade, I would just as soon not have you in this program anyway. I really don't want anyone possibly USING this certification system to further their own agenda who has no real intentions, nor dedication, to be someone all the other participants (myself included) would like to be associated with.

So yeah, if you don't think you can make the grade PERMANENTLY. then please, don't bother to apply. I would imagine that none of us already participating really want you here anyway.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:53 PM   #282
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
How can there be a rule change if there was nothing specified about it at all from the beginning? Quite frankly, based on most people's understanding of the permanent nature of things posted on the BOI, I think anyone pondering this point about this issue would likely have considered that the certification thread would perhaps be permanent as well. It certainly would be logically consistent with how the BOI is run, wouldn't it?

Basically it was undefined, in my opinion. There is nothing that said I had to do ANYTHING either way.

Personally, my gut feeling is that a permanent record may be much more of an incentive for participants to try real hard to remain good guys. Shouldn't that REALLY be the goal of this program anyway? Or do people only want to use it as a type of advertising for themselves, but only if things are going well for them? As long as they are doing good business, they want their name associated with the program, but if they fumble the ball, they then want it swept under the rug?

And someone here is claiming they will NOT participate in the program BECAUSE of the permanent nature of it (if it does in fact go that way)? Personally, I would sincerely HOPE that anyone applying for this certificate would actually BE a good guy and plan on remaining that way. Quite frankly, if you have any doubts about your ability to be able to make that grade, I would just as soon not have you in this program anyway. I really don't want anyone possibly USING this certification system to further their own agenda who has no real intentions, nor dedication, to be someone all the other participants (myself included) would like to be associated with.

So yeah, if you don't think you can make the grade PERMANENTLY. then please, don't bother to apply. I would imagine that none of us already participating really want you here anyway.

The first part I agree with..... The last part is nothing more than a low blow and an attempt to discredit me. Pretty sad.

My only point is that the rules should be made clear ahead of time. That is all I have said over and over and you want to twist it into a reason to question my integrity. Wow. I have done nothing to deserve that in any way. I have done nothing but support you and this site. I have followed the rules and do my best to treat people with respect and common courtesy. They way I was raised. And you plant seeds of doubt about my integrity. Un****ingbelievable.

Old 07-18-2005, 06:12 PM   #283
Jim O
Sammy, I don't think that was meant as anything more than a bit of a dig, not specifically about your integrity. That's how I read it anyway, for what it's worth.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #284
Wilomn
Though I speak for no one but myself, were I to venture an opinion on Rich's last paragraph, which I am about to do, I would say, were I to say anything at all, which by my previous admission I am about to do, I would say that it was meant to apply specifically to Shrap but was meant as more of punch on the shoulder type of thing as opposed to a slap in he face.

Yeah, I think Rich meant it to you, Shrap, but I don't think he was REALLY questioning anything about you.

I certainly have no question about your ethics or anything else and I would seriously doubt that anyone else does either.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #285
WebSlave
Check your last posts, Sammy, and see how many times you referred to this certification program of mine as "crap". Then check out that little dig you made about me in how I could frivolously change the rules as I saw fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
That is total crap. The infamous 60 foot turd. Allow me to quote YOU, "The rules should be plain and FOLLOWED."

And in this case they sure as hell aint plain, and they sure as hell should not be changed after signing up without the option of leaving the program. You can not define the rules as we go along without giving people the option of leaving the program.

I know this following statement is over the top, but I am saying it to emphasize my point. If you can't leave after you sign up, no mater what rules are changed, then Rich can add a new rule that all GGC members have to send him 10% of all their sales. Wanna quit? Too damn bad!!! PAY ME!!!! Not gonna pay? Then you get a Red Cert for being a bad guy...

ANY rule change that happens AFTER signing up should include the option of withdrawing from the program. One may not have signed up if those rules were in place to begin with.
Sorry, bub, but it appears to me that YOU have just made an assumption about how things should run in the program AFTER the fact yourself, and are getting all pissy over the fact that your desires are just not gospel around here. And it is pretty damned obvious that you are now taking to lashing out at everyone who disagrees with you over it. So don't look all surprised and righteously offended that I decided to tweak your nose a bit.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:35 PM   #286
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Check your last posts, Sammy, and see how many times you referred to this certification program of mine as "crap". Then check out that little dig you made about me in how I could frivolously change the rules as I saw fit.

Sorry, bub, but it appears to me that YOU have just made an assumption about how things should run in the program AFTER the fact yourself, and are getting all pissy over the fact that your desires are just not gospel around here. And it is pretty damned obvious that you are now taking to lashing out at everyone who disagrees with you over it. So don't look all surprised and righteously offended that I decided to tweak your nose a bit.
Why don't YOU take a look at my posts.... I never said the program was crap. NOT ONE TIME. I said that changing the rules after people sign up would be crap. As in not being fair. I never called the program crap at all. If you look at the second post (oops, the third post) in this thread.... yep that is me defending it.

As far as a dig at you about frivolously changing rules, well if you read that post you would see that I started that paragraph by saying "I know this following statement is over the top". I think I made it clear that it was not in any way meant as a reality or what I thought was real.

I have not made a single assumption. I have just been offering my opinions. I thought that was what this was all about. The free flowing exchange of ideas.

And I have not gotten pissy at all in this thread until your undeserved low blow. I had done nothing but have a normal conversation with people until then. And I have no expectations from you or anyone else on this site, so where you get off saying that ("and are getting all pissy over the fact that your desires are just not gospel around here.") is beyond me and could not be further from the truth. Are just making this crap up as you go? Or are you just so used to people riding you over your decisions that it has become a paranoia for you? That you see it in every post even when it is not there? Sorry dude, but when it comes to me that tired line does not apply and is completely unfounded.

I have not lashed out at a single person. Not a single one. Again, do you just make this crap up as you go? Because to say that is purely fiction. Completely make believe on your part. I have done nothing but have a normal conversation in this thread up until your last two posts. And yes I am rightfully offended, because everything you have said towards me is not true. A total figment of your imagination.

I will humbly accept your apology and write this off as a misunderstanding when ever you are ready to give it.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:43 PM   #287
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
OK now I have a question, from this post its #4 on this page
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...88&postcount=2

Saying that:
"If the results of the poll and/or the Trader Rating associated with your registered member name on FaunaClassifieds.com indicates a negative rating, and investigation by the Admin and/or moderators of FaunaClassifieds cannot determine clear evidence of fraudulent ratings on said poll and Rating, you specifically agree to remove the banner certificate code and/or the certificate banner graphic from your site immediately upon request."

What would be considered fraudulent ratings?
"Fraudulent", in this context would mean someone who is discovered who has registered multiple times, regardless of the paid membership requirement, in order to place votes for or against someone in order to influence the outcome of the poll. Personally I can envision someone thinking that $100 to register 10 new member names and pay the membership fee would be well worth it to ding someone out of the certification program, or perhaps give themselves 10 positive votes in order to get themselves out of the red. This is a possibility that has to be considered, and is the reason it is mentioned specifically.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:49 PM   #288
dragonflyreptiles
Thanks Rich, that is what I as thinking but didn't want to assume any interpretation.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:55 PM   #289
WebSlave
Just a side note here. I have had 6 new applications for certification recently. Unfortunately I ran out of the graphics images I had made up for the individual certifications, and am trying to find time to create a new batch. Please be patient, as this is right in my busy season and time is really stretched pretty tightly.

Thanks.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:02 PM   #290
Milwaukee Reptiles
Hey Rich,
If you end up making all new images for all the certificates, I have one suggestion: make the image a little smaller. Not a lot, but maybe down to within a 150px by 150px square. Such a thing would really help out when trying to find a place for it on my site. Or perhaps even two images, one just with "_small" attached to it for the footer on inner pages (if you have some software to do this automatically). I don't really expect you to do anything like that by hand, that'd be insane! Again, just a suggestion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!