Mid Life Crisis? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #21
WebSlave
If that is a hint, I do thank you, Paul. But honestly a 40 year old car is not for me at this stage of my life. I am beyond the point where I want to do any restoration on a vehicle. I still have nightmares of rebuilding engines to find that the parts supply house sent me the wrong sized bearings, or trying to get at bolts loose on a set of headers, that a spider monkey would have trouble handling. That sort of stuff would be the death of me now, for certain.

Furthermore, I don't know what sort of financial situation your mom is in, but I would urge you to consider selling those old vettes for her. Those old restored vettes are selling for MORE then the brand new ones are going for. The money could possibly come in handy for her.

Thanks.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:23 PM   #22
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
If that is a hint, I do thank you, Paul. But honestly a 40 year old car is not for me at this stage of my life. I am beyond the point where I want to do any restoration on a vehicle. I still have nightmares of rebuilding engines to find that the parts supply house sent me the wrong sized bearings, or trying to get at bolts loose on a set of headers, that a spider monkey would have trouble handling. That sort of stuff would be the death of me now, for certain.
No worries, I totally understand. I've been rebuilding an Olds for over 5 years now. Right now the engine's in the barn, the interior is in mom's basement, the body is at a friend's place, and the rest of it is sorta M.I.A. after a tornado ripped the roof off the old shed it was kept in a few years ago!
Quote:
Furthermore, I don't know what sort of financial situation your mom is in, but I would urge you to consider selling those old vettes for her. Those old restored vettes are selling for MORE then the brand new ones are going for. The money could possibly come in handy for her.
Thanks.
Hm.. that's interesting. I haven't looked at the market at ALL for quite a few years. When they were appraised 4-5 years ago the two of them together didn't even equal a new base model... and there's not that much wrong with them (for being 40 years old.) I should have her get them appraised again, she was just complaining about them being in the way still. (that's sorta my fault I guess.)

Old 09-22-2005, 03:19 AM   #23
WebSlave
Well, as you may well imagine, I've been looking hard at prices of these critters trying to figure out if this wild hare idea is even feasible or not. So I have been running across all types of websites. Take a look at this one, for instance:

http://www.mershons.com/63-67.asp

As for what I am going to do, heck I don't know. On the trip up to the Mid Atlantic Show this past weekend, the wife and I stopped in at a Crackerbarrel restaurant for breakfast. Afterwards we were walking around in the shopping area of the restaurant, and I was bored to death of all the junk there. But my eyes came to rest on a T-shirt that had Corvettes plastered all over the front of it! And they even had my size there. If that isn't an omen, I really don't know what is. Then to add even more fuel to the fire, my wife comes into the den tonight with a grin on her face to tell me she found an ad in the local newspaper saying that one of the local Chevrolet dealers here is having a special Corvette Show and inviting all Corvette owners to show up and take part in the festivities. Guess where I am going to be on THAT day! Yep. Drooling over the machinery.

I don't know. One more omen and I think my fate will be sealed. Damn, I really hate the thought of having a car payment to make every month again. Been a long time since I needed to do that.......

Old 09-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #24
Wilomn
Quitcherbitchin Old Man.

Go do something fun.

If you don't know you're going to yet then you're the only one who doesn't.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:46 AM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Quitcherbitchin Old Man.

Go do something fun.

If you don't know you're going to yet then you're the only one who doesn't.

Do you mean that trying to apply a logical and rational thought process to an emotional decision doesn't work?

Old 09-22-2005, 11:53 AM   #26
Wilomn
Quit trying to think like a chick and decide what color you want.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #27
Jim O
Quote:
Do you mean that trying to apply a logical and rational thought process to an emotional decision doesn't work?
Get the car already Rich. Have some fun with it and SELL it if you get tired of it.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #28
WebSlave
Damn! I guess I am just too methodical for my own good. I want to research things first. Which year and model is "best" to have? Any known "drop dead" problems or recalls? Nothing is perfect, so what are some of the flaws that other people have noted on their Corvettes? Yes, I am spending some time on a Corvette forum lurking.....

And heck, I have never even driven one before, so perhaps I should do that before I just go and buy one online. The car an I just may not mesh well. Maybe it is too low and getting in and out will be a problem for this old man. My present vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler and the one before that was a full sized Ford Bronco. I had to climb DOWN from them when I got out.

Yup, I am going to make sure that I don't have any solid reasons NOT to give in to my subconscious yearning. Not very spontaneous, I know, but that is one of my character flaws.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:23 PM   #29
Wilomn
Dude, you think toooooooooooooooo much.

Sometimes just because it feels good is reason enough.

You can always change your mind.

Provided you make a decision to begin with.

It ain't forever, Old Man. LOL

Old 09-22-2005, 02:49 PM   #30
WebSlave
Sorry, but I guess I just think differently. I like to think through what I am going to do. I like to research my options. If I decide to get a Corvette, I want it to be the best one I can afford. Which means that even after the decision is made, I may have to wait for the right one to come along.

Wes, you are talking to a guy who starts corn snake genetics projects where I don't expect to see the hoped for final results for maybe 12 years. So I have developed a pretty healthy dose of patience over the years.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!