Desert Females.. Can they produce? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #21
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
Is a shame that the females don't breed but for people that are truly snake lovers, they make some of the best combos. It's sad that people that only care about money have doomed the morph. Because of all the bashing people don't even want to buy desert males. I still have a couple combos I want to make with them and will just continue to sell them for whatever I can, or keep giving them to friends as pets. I understand people are doing this to make some extra money but look at where all the prices are these days , then complaine about deserts. I am selling two gene animals for $200 so why complaine about something that you would sell as a pet for $100. If more people did the math and realized maybe breed on snake for beauty not profit, we would once again have some amazing combos being produced. I love with snake "lovers" consider a snake a waste because it won't make them money! Great thinking.......maybe those can try and ban guns because people on antidepressants killed people and its obviously the guns not the drugs that their owns ads say "sucidal thoughts" are a side effect! Well god bless you all that love snakes.....except deserts because they are crap.....they don't make money!
I never said i thought deserts were/are crap snakes. I dont think ANY snake is a crap snake. I actually plan on eventually getting a desert male and breeding him. I just don't think I'd ever pay $300-$400 for just a pet.

Was your comment about antidepressants really necessary?? What does meds and guns have to do with a snake morph?? I am on antidepressants and they saved and changed my life!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #22
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
They can have bug-eyes.
I had no idea! Thanks for tellin me!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #23
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumRosePythons View Post
I never said i thought deserts were/are crap snakes. I dont think ANY snake is a crap snake. I actually plan on eventually getting a desert male and breeding him. I just don't think I'd ever pay $300-$400 for just a pet.

Was your comment about antidepressants really necessary?? What does meds and guns have to do with a snake morph?? I am on antidepressants and they saved and changed my life!
As I said.......I was not directing it at anyone. You actually said you would buy one, which is not condimming them. Look back a page and someone said "why bother" or something like that. I just get annoyed at people that try taking something away from others because its not for them. This industry has seen it just as much as many others. For those who have atv's they have been trying to close the desert. The list goes on. And the antidepressant comments was towards gun control which is a very big topic right now. It was once again showing that people will try and take away from everyone instead of solve the problem. I am glad that they worked for you, but if they can make it better for everyone that its not working for isn't that better? I would much rather use as a comparison people doing random acts of kindness due to eating skittles, but that's not in the news where people can get the point like the gun control and reasons. Once again I am sorry if that upset you, it was mearly my intention to show that condimming a morph because it doesn't make money is no smarter that outlawing guns instead of fixing the problem. There is no fix for desert females as of yet and maybe never, but people do not need to trash them because they are not bananas.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #24
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
As I said.......I was not directing it at anyone. You actually said you would buy one, which is not condimming them. Look back a page and someone said "why bother" or something like that. I just get annoyed at people that try taking something away from others because its not for them. This industry has seen it just as much as many others. For those who have atv's they have been trying to close the desert. The list goes on. And the antidepressant comments was towards gun control which is a very big topic right now. It was once again showing that people will try and take away from everyone instead of solve the problem. I am glad that they worked for you, but if they can make it better for everyone that its not working for isn't that better? I would much rather use as a comparison people doing random acts of kindness due to eating skittles, but that's not in the news where people can get the point like the gun control and reasons. Once again I am sorry if that upset you, it was mearly my intention to show that condimming a morph because it doesn't make money is no smarter that outlawing guns instead of fixing the problem. There is no fix for desert females as of yet and maybe never, but people do not need to trash them because they are not bananas.
I understand now, sorry if I overreacted. Although, from what I hear it seems bananas have their own issues as well.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #25
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumRosePythons View Post
I understand now, sorry if I overreacted. Although, from what I hear it seems bananas have their own issues as well.
No worries. I didn't expect to get a ton of karma for calling people out

Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #26
mgoblue347
I'd pay over $400 for a pet..to me it is about the companionship the animal provides. I eventually want an African Grey Parrot, babies are anywhere from $1000-$1600, purebred dogs, depending on the breed $500, $1000..etc. When you look at the life span of these animals and divide that by the original purchasing price they really aren't expensive. African Greys lives around 70 plus years..that's around $20 a year..not that much money when you consider it. In regards to snakes, I'd pay $400 for a gorgeous female desert spider or something along those lines just to look at her beauty everyday.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #27
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue347 View Post
I'd pay over $400 for a pet..to me it is about the companionship the animal provides. I eventually want an African Grey Parrot, babies are anywhere from $1000-$1600, purebred dogs, depending on the breed $500, $1000..etc. When you look at the life span of these animals and divide that by the original purchasing price they really aren't expensive. African Greys lives around 70 plus years..that's around $20 a year..not that much money when you consider it. In regards to snakes, I'd pay $400 for a gorgeous female desert spider or something along those lines just to look at her beauty everyday.
Thank you! How easy we forget things like that when you start putting a dollar sign on everything. It does put things into perspective. I would never spend $5000 on a car stereo or the biggest rims (and I am a huge car guy), but would buy a snake for $10,000!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #28
MrBig
I agree that I would buy a desert combo girl as a pet for $400. What an awesome display animal, and to be able to handle a piece of living art that beautiful on a daily basis is awesome. However I don't breed exclusively for the money, for example I don't breed for any combos if I don't truly enjoy looking at the base morphs involved. This eliminates alot of combos that I like such as potions etc. But when I handle the animals I do have, I can stare in awe at some of the details of the differant morphs and combos for hours. So what everyone is saying in their own way is, To each their own, there is enough diversity in this hobby that if you don't like one thing, you will find something else that appeals to you. This doesn't mean that you should disparage the thing that you don't like. However I do feel that correct information should be given about any problems that may arise with any particular morph. Then again I hope for world peace as well.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #29
TexasVipRoom
I completely agree with the last posts regarding this topic. It is ashame that most people condem them right off the bat. Its nice to see a desert thread that isnt a game of bash each other. I agree on the long term cost of an animal. WHen you do the math it really isnt that much money to truly enjoy something you like to look at. Especially if anyone has ever seen any of the desert genes or combos up close. They are amazing!!!!! They clean up so many other morphs. I agree the desert spider is AWESOME! Just great to see people are in it for passion instead where the next buck is coming from.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #30
snakesRkewl
You cannot keep them all, the pet trade will be awash in them in a few years if people keep breeding them.
That means females will be bred due to peoples ignorance of the morph

Passion sometimes overrules common sense.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!