Ceratophrys cranwelli eating a Mus musculus. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:08 PM   #21
Jawsofafrog

Old 03-11-2017, 09:30 PM   #22
Jawsofafrog
Here is my current collection:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=613155

Old 03-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #23
Dyscophus antongilii
When I was in my teens/twenties I had a huge Pixie frog like you had. However, I stupidly sold mine. I have been looking for another one for YEARS! Thank you, for sharing photo's of yours with me. I am still very sorry you lost them.

As far as your C.cornuta, they were both amazing. How large was the juvenile one when you got him/her? I really want a Brown phase C.cornuta like you had. I have been considering getting a juvenile like you had and grow him/her up. I think I will now, since, you said both yours ate well.

Regarding your current collection, I would be interested in some Blue Tongue Skink offspring from your pair. PM me your asking price and so on. Lastly, thanks for sharing all those photo's. They made my night.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:33 PM   #24
Jawsofafrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscophus antongilii View Post
When I was in my teens/twenties I had a huge Pixie frog like you had. However, I stupidly sold mine. I have been looking for another one for YEARS! Thank you, for sharing photo's of yours with me. I am still very sorry you lost them.

As far as your C.cornuta, they were both amazing. How large was the juvenile one when you got him/her? I really want a Brown phase C.cornuta like you had. I have been considering getting a juvenile like you had and grow him/her up. I think I will now, since, you said both yours ate well.

Regarding your current collection, I would be interested in some Blue Tongue Skink offspring from your pair. PM me your asking price and so on. Lastly, thanks for sharing all those photo's. They made my night.
You are welcome. Yes you can easily raise a Pyxie or a cbb brown phase C. Cornuta. I am happy to hear you will get one. My breeder has the Blue Tongue Skinks, he will let me know what happens if his female produces babies. The male breeding is mine, he has had him over a year now.. I don't have an asking price for Blue Tongue skink, we will see if our pair produces and I will know more. There is a male Pyxie on amphibians classifieds for sale right now. Sometimes you sell if you can make some extra room, it is ok you sold yours before..

Old 03-12-2017, 11:43 PM   #25
Jawsofafrog
To answer your question the juvenile cbb baby was one one inch when I picked him up from a reptile show.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #26
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsofafrog View Post
You are welcome.
I would also like to thank you for answering my post. Plus, contributing to it greatly.

Quote:
Yes you can easily raise a Pyxie or a cbb brown phase C. Cornuta.
Yes, that is true. I knew a Pyxie was easy to raise. I just wanted a larger one so I could tell if it was a male LOL.

As far as the C. cornuta was concerned, that was a whole other problem or so I thought. I heard they are delicate and die easy. I also heard when they where small they are "picky" about almost everything.

So, thank you, for sharing your experience with me.

Quote:
I am happy to hear you will get one.
I am too LOL.

Quote:
My breeder has the Blue Tongue Skinks, he will let me know what happens if his female produces babies. The male breeding is mine, he has had him over a year now.. I don't have an asking price for Blue Tongue skink, we will see if our pair produces and I will know more.
I got you now, please, let me know if the pair produces. On a completely unrelated matter, are Blue Tongue Skinks as "tame and sweet" as people say?

Quote:
There is a male Pyxie on amphibians classifieds for sale right now.
Yes, but, he does not seem much larger then mine. Mine is supposed to be a male. But, only time will tell.

Quote:
Sometimes you sell if you can make some extra room, it is ok you sold yours before..
That is very true regarding the room. But, who knew it would be so hard to get a large male. NOT ME!!!

Quote:
To answer your question the juvenile cbb baby was one one inch when I picked him up from a reptile show.
Thanks so much for that information.

On side note, did you get your Ceratophrys aurita today? Or, is the "big day" tomorrow? Either way, big congratulations!

Old 03-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #27
Jawsofafrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscophus antongilii View Post
I would also like to thank you for answering my post. Plus, contributing to it greatly.
No problem.

Yes, that is true. I knew a Pyxie was easy to raise. I just wanted a larger one so I could tell if it was a male LOL.

As far as the C. cornuta was concerned, that was a whole other problem or so I thought. I heard they are delicate and die easy. I also heard when they where small they are "picky" about almost everything.

So, thank you, for sharing your experience with me.

I am too LOL.
Captive bred Cornuta do well. They are not picky and eat just fine, they poop just fine as well. Only wild caught can be picky and sometimes will only eat frogs I have been told. My WC was eating everything and died.

I got you now, please, let me know if the pair produces. On a completely unrelated matter, are Blue Tongue Skinks as "tame and sweet" as people say?
Blue Tongue skink that are captive bred are used to people and rarely act aggressive. They can get annoyed if you wake them in the middle of the night and tend to hiss. They normally hiss when they are moving around their enclosures. They will actually smell whatever you are cooking on the stove and flick their tongues and claw the glass of their cages. They have excellent senses.

Yes, but, he does not seem much larger then mine. Mine is supposed to be a male. But, only time will tell.

That is very true regarding the room. But, who knew it would be so hard to get a large male. NOT ME!!!
You can do what I have done and raise two Pyxie's for 50% male to female ratio.

Thanks so much for that information.

On side note, did you get your Ceratophrys aurita today? Or, is the "big day" tomorrow? Either way, big congratulations!
My shipment was delayed without notice and the shipper told me he will ship Wednesday of this week and I will receive my order Thursday morning. He basically said he had a lot of shipments and decided to ship instead of Monday, Wednesday without telling me through PM. I basically checked the Fedex tracking number and the info said he made out the shipment for Wednesday.. he should have PM me with that info. I am excited to have my baby Brazilian Horned frog!

Old 03-14-2017, 05:58 PM   #28
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
My shipment was delayed without notice and the shipper told me he will ship Wednesday of this week
Ahh I see. It might be due to the horrible weather the Northeast is having/getting. Of course, I am not sure. It is just an "educated" guess.

Quote:
and I will receive my order Thursday morning.
Yay, that is great.

Quote:
He basically said he had a lot of shipments and decided to ship instead of Monday, Wednesday without telling me through PM.
Got ya. It would have been nice if the seller had PMed you that information.

Quote:
I basically checked the Fedex tracking number and the info said he made out the shipment for Wednesday.
At least, you had the tracking number. Still, in my humble opinion, it would have been nice for the seller to tell you he/she changed the date. Hopefully, you did not take a day off from work/go to work late and NOT get your Anura on time.

Quote:
he should have PM me with that info.
I completely agree with you on that one.

Quote:
I am excited to have my baby Brazilian Horned frog!
I am excited for you too! Please keep my updated on your C. aurita.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:40 PM   #29
Jawsofafrog
I actually will be at my home all morning and afternoon waiting for my shipment. I work overnight, so lucky me. I will keep you updated and post a new thread.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:46 PM   #30
elena
I was the one who sold the large pixie on fauna just recently. Matt, if you are looking for a large sexable male, I am going to a show this weekend and am likely to run into the individual who raised mine. I don't have his contact information, but if you PM me between now and Sunday, I will look for him, get his info and availability, and pass it along to you. He purchases large numbers of babies and raises them to adulthood, selling them once they have greatly increased in value. I can vouch that the one I got from him was in great shape throughout its time with me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!