Crooks who can't be nailed. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-16-2003, 06:14 AM   #21
John Apple
Seamus
resolved or not, this was a juvenile that was taken advantage of, not an adult. Having 6 kids that all have a collection of assorted herps from toads to snakes, this thread kinda pissed me off.

I guess I can say you did what you thought was right [which is fine]but I would have gone a step farther and chastised this guy for taking advantage of a juvenile. Man what an a$$, If it were my kids or some youngster I knew the gloves would be off.

Old 12-16-2003, 12:24 PM   #22
Seamus Haley
The gloves were off John, just not on this forum.

The rules of the BOI make it questionable for me to write a bad guy post with second hand information gleaned from a discussion on another reptile related internet forum, leaving the decision squarely in Phillip's hands. He chose to deal with it in a different way, I think perhaps because he's a bit younger and the other individual involved is local to him and established in the industry to some degree... it worked for him though.

The one who ripped him off... and any resolution which may have been accheived after the fact really doesn't change the nature of the original transaction or the severity of the transgression... is already someone with a very questionable reputation though, involved in shady deals and having had several threads on the BOI, none of which were very flattering.

Point being, while it would be good for others to know who was involved, it's not my place to state it directly. If someone were to wander over to the forums at www.novogate.com/exco/index.php?boardid=1046 and maybe check out a thread under the General Reptile Forums, Picture Forums titled "New Herpss!!!" though, I certainly couldn't stop them from doing so...

Old 12-16-2003, 12:41 PM   #23
Darin Chappell
Thanks for the link, Seamus.

I'm shocked, absolutely SHOCKED, that a person with a reputation such as the seller in question could ever be thought of as having sold sikly animals to the unsuspecting!

**Feel free to now wipe the dripping sarcasm from your monitor**

What an absolute jerk "He" is to have done this! Not terribly surprising, though. Hope he actually reimbursed the kid fully. If not, I'd lay him out on the BOI for sure!

Old 12-16-2003, 01:10 PM   #24
NEWReptiles
Thank you so very much for that link Seamus, that sheds ALOT of light on the sad deal this guy got suckered into.
(no offense Phillip)

Old 12-16-2003, 06:27 PM   #25
John Apple
Yes Seamus
thanx for the link, I find it hard to believe as Bobby said they were eating pinkie parts, pure bull....them candoia NEVER ate a meal in thier life

Old 12-16-2003, 09:15 PM   #26
Wilomn
Wow, you mean it's not a well known and documented fact that all candoia take rodent parts as their first meals? Hmmmmm

I'd like to say it puts the "adult" in this situation in a whole new light but, it doesn't.

Wes Pollock

Old 12-16-2003, 09:55 PM   #27
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Wow, you mean it's not a well known and documented fact that all candoia take rodent parts as their first meals?
Well you see... the Pacific Islands that are home to this genus are also populated and have been for hundreds of millions of years, by herpers who have large collections... It's a common practice for these herpers to throw out freezer bags full of the pinky parts that broke off before the bag was finished (you know... the feet and tails that accumulate in the bottom of my freezer until there's a layer an inch deep), Candoia have evolved right along with this local and ancient custom to drop neonates which are too small to eat anything besides the broken off freezer burnt ears of pinky mice.

Nature's just full of miracles.

Old 12-16-2003, 10:11 PM   #28
Wilomn
You know Seamus, I've always known that you were in actuality a smart guy, one of those who actually knows the facts about things. I feel so priviledged to share this site with someone's who's intelligence of such caliber as yours that I am almost dumbfounded. It would not surprise me, at this point, to find out that what you don't know would barely fill a thimble.

And, on occasion, you're pretty damn funny too.

Wes Pollock

Old 12-16-2003, 11:55 PM   #29
Neil Gubitz
I know you guys think it's funny about the mouse parts, but about three years ago, in my store, a guy came in and GAVE ME about 8 baby Candoia.... obviously, they didn't want to eat, so for the first 3 months of their lives, I would take mouse TAILS and literally "screw" them down their throats.... that worked pretty well.... I only lost one of them and the rest finally graduated to eating pinkies and then fuzzies all on their own.... so it CAN be done.... of course, they weren't nearly in as bad a shape as the one's in the picture....

Neil

Old 12-17-2003, 06:16 AM   #30
John Apple
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamus Haley
Well you see... the Pacific Islands that are home to this genus are also populated and have been for hundreds of millions of years, by herpers who have large collections... It's a common practice for these herpers to throw out freezer bags full of the pinky parts that broke off before the bag was finished (you know... the feet and tails that accumulate in the bottom of my freezer until there's a layer an inch deep), Candoia have evolved right along with this local and ancient custom to drop neonates which are too small to eat anything besides the broken off freezer burnt ears of pinky mice.

Nature's just full of miracles.
OK Seamus, I am telling Bobby that you know the secret.....
After reading your post I threw all pinkie parts and stuff that accumulates at the bottom if the freezer bag and threw it in my backyard[ol lady thinks I am nuts] in hopes of seeing if any of those solomons will migrate to Michigan. On question though....Will the cold bother them??? [just a novice here I don't know nuttin]

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!