Carrot Tails - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-28-2004, 05:04 PM   #21
Gregg M
In order for a leo to be considered a carrot tail, it needs to have orange from the base of the tail down to 20% of the tail..... If it has spot or bands or whatever at the base before 20% iti is not a carrot tail....... The leo in the first pic would not be considered a carrot tail......
WizardLizard and storm,
Those are not true carrot tails because of the spotting at the base but with the ammount of orange in those tails they are very impressive looking leos and with some selective breeding both of those leos will make some great looking offspring.....
Here is a pic of a true SHTCTB

Old 09-28-2004, 05:11 PM   #22
Blazin
HUMM!

Quote:
In order for a leo to be considered a carrot tail, it needs to have orange from the base of the tail down to 20% of the tail
Dang I guess Albey doesn't know carrot tails!

Old 09-28-2004, 05:17 PM   #23
Gregg M
Well if you looked on his site, you will see that he is not calling the false carrot tails SHCTs...... He is callng them carrot tail crosses..... That is a proper representation because they are not true carrot tails but one of the parents was....

Old 09-28-2004, 06:14 PM   #24
Blazin
The one you posted is a CROSS!

Since the one you posted is a Tangerine Carrot tail cross then it must not be a Carrot tail based on your own statements!

Old 09-28-2004, 06:16 PM   #25
CoolGecko
my option that Carrottails would be solid organe not bloched with organe and the effect bring it to solid by the Hypo genetic from Ray lines. Ray Hines usa Wild Caught that is hypo and he breed into carrottails with blothcled tails and losse almost all blacks then every one put it into tangerines and work for 100% carrottails.

Old 09-28-2004, 06:29 PM   #26
Blazin
Many carrot tails have black remaining in their tails

I have a few pictures I would like to post but I am off to ship some geckos. As far as I am concerned until there is a USLGBA or a UKLGBA( United States Leopard Gecko Breeders Association) everybody can state this is what constitutes a carrot tail and this doesn't . IT all boils down to one thing. ITS A SUBJECTIONAL!

Old 09-28-2004, 07:26 PM   #27
Gregg M
Why are you taking my statements out of context and putting words in my mouth.... You know that the animals I was talking about where the ones with hardly any carrot tails or broken up carrot tails...... Stop being a wiseass..... There is no need for a LGBA..... Basic rules on morphs and color varieties are pretty much set..... May not be written in stone but they are there..... It is not subjectional....... Just like there is a basic set price on certain morphs and color varieties.... And the animal I post is a true SHTCTB just as I stated im my post..... Dont be so quick to reach for straws.....

By the way, did you ever sell that $3000 super hypo tang????
LOL

Old 09-28-2004, 09:31 PM   #28
Spydergotboost
this is going a little far everyone needs to settle down a notch it doesnt matter what is or isnt a true carrot tail as long as you are happy with what you have great as for those breeders that post adds stating a little blotch is a CT well all i can say is dont buy it no one is going to buy an animal they dont like so it doesnt matter either way anyone can call thier geckos carrot tails but weither people will agree and buy them is all that really matters ya know so call it what you want the buyer will make up his/her own mind and thats the fact of the matter so i personally believe that the black in the tail doesnt make it any less atractive but at the same time the value will be less than one with out the black and if i come across 2 with the same price tag i will buy the one with out so i am sure the net buyer will agree you arnt going to spend the money on something you dont like that is the bottom line

Billy

Old 09-28-2004, 10:23 PM   #29
beakgeek
Quote:
Hmmmm... A real Tiger Gecko, Imagine having the black Stripes with the orange going all the way down the back and tail.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Someone might be working on that and you don't want to give it away! ;-)

Regards,

Terry

Might have some tigers and might not :-)

Old 09-28-2004, 10:39 PM   #30
robin d.
hehehe and i am not even a part of it LOL

Quote:
this is going a little far everyone needs to settle down a notch
dude im working on an orange and black... oops slipped ... i can even keep a good secret.
this is off topic but dontcha just hate them breeders that thi8nks every thing is a secret project... and they dont want the next joe blow to know and beat em.

and Terry, of course i know tigers really do exist , sheeeeesh

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!