Phone Service- Landline- Magic Jack - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:04 AM   #21
monkeywrench133
Any updates on this? I'm thinking about getting one.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #22
monkeywrench133
FYI: Magic Jack doesn't work with Macs. I sent mine back.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #23
Mooing Tricycle
Vonage is a good choice, and Skype.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #24
Kingetula
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133 View Post
FYI: Magic Jack doesn't work with Macs. I sent mine back.
Glad I didn't get a MAC ;-) (nice looking computers but I like things to be compatible and in this case MJ is with he PC) Sorry had to pick on the MAC.

I just ordered MJ last week should get it today or tomorrow. I am real skeptical about MJ but I thought I would give it a try. If it works it seems like a good investment.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #25
Dennis Hultman
I didn't see the post from Erin asking for an update. Sorry, Erin! For the most part I haven't had many problems. I have had some very static connections that soon cleared up. A couple of times I have had no connection. I've also had it drop a call in the middle of talking to someone. For the most part, it has worked. I wouldn't state that it is as good as, or as clear as my other lines but it does work for me most of the time. I'm just so use to using my cell phone for everything now that I don't use it that much.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #26
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingetula View Post
Glad I didn't get a MAC ;-) (nice looking computers but I like things to be compatible and in this case MJ is with he PC) Sorry had to pick on the MAC.

Unfortunately, the MJ site says that it should be compatible with my IMac, according to the processor and OS versions required, but software won't install. I did keep it though because it does work with my laptop, and I can use it as a back up if something happened to my cell. Call quality on my end is good, but the people I've been talking to have had trouble hearing me.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #27
xanaxez
my mother has had the mj for almost a year now and has never had any problems with it and says she will never use anything else again lol.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #28
Kingetula
I got it today

Easy to setup and works fine. (PlugNplay)

Only issues I have but are minor to me

1: Alarm system (home) but I have 2 way radio so phone line isn't really needed.

2: If PC is off so is your phone. I use my cell most the time and my PC is on all day for the most part. Only at night will it not be on and those who need me at night have my cell.

3: If you care about being in the phone book white pages.

For $20.00 a year I will adjust to a few minor issues.

The calls I made were fine. I was even told I sounded better but that could be VS my cell phone. I heard her fine but once or twice I was walking around and she said I faded but not to the point she didn't understand me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00228 (Small).jpg (32.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00229 (Small).jpg (34.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00231 (Small).jpg (32.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00232 (Small).jpg (34.8 KB, 36 views)

Old 10-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #29
Lucille
I really appreciate this thread Dennis. I didn't do mj but I went with Skype and it has saved me a ton of money. Thank you.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #30
Kingetula
Late last night the service became crap. I tried again this morning and it was still crap. When I talked I sounded choppy to her and when she talked I sounded choppy to her. I downloaded MJ update and the problem went away but now I can her her good but she said it sounded like I was shaking the phone.

More work to be done soon

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!