It's Halloween~ and I miss the trick-or-treaters - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:03 AM   #21
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
How bad do you want the candy Kevin? (I don't have an eyebrow raising cartoon~ but imagine one here)! Are we talking police officer or military officer?? Lets see a pic.........

(I am playing with you~ I'm an old happily married woman~ take NOTHING I say while drunk seriously)~ But do send us pics......a lot of us old ladies are watching for them.....and we have CANDY!
Depends on the candy

Im a Federal Correctional Officer. I dont know bout posting for all to see... mainly because of how they are about image.... but I could prob send you a copy.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:14 AM   #22
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
My loving wife greeted me with a S & W .38 tonight when I showed up 2 hrs early from work.....Oh, yeah! And I was dressed like Michael Myers and skulking around the backyard after banging on a couple of windows. We all had a good laugh afterwards....you know...since I didn't wind up bleeding
That's crazy! I almost blew away my Hubby when he pulled a stunt like that and came home 5 hrs early! He decided to hide behind the fridge in the kitchen making goofy noises. I had a Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum loaded with Eagle Talons. I informed the refrigerator noise maker that if they didn't show themselves I was shooting through it!

He about peed himself...so did I! We didn't laugh about it though...I was dead serious!

Old 11-01-2008, 02:39 AM   #23
MikeCurtin
So was my wife!!! We're (men) not too bright sometimes!

Old 11-01-2008, 05:32 AM   #24
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
So was my wife!!! We're (men) not too bright sometimes!
Hey! Speak for yourself! I am never that bright!! (Just ask my wife, she will tell you)

Old 11-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #25
John E Dove
Ms. Peterson,
I can't say I miss children knocking on my door for candy since it has been well over 20 years since I lived anywhere that I had even a neighbor closer than a mile away. You might say I am a bit of a recluse.
But I do have a thought for you for next year.
If your drive ends on a road where children do pass on Halloween Night you could try constructing a small, simple, hay/straw bale shed at the end of your drive, dress yourself as a Scare Crow and sit down there handing out candy and observing the children.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:44 AM   #26
TheCornPit
Cheryl I know what you mean. I bought 2 huge bags of candy last night thinking we would have alot of trick or treater's we had NONE!!! I took my kids to our local Publix because they do Trick or Treating around the store then we came homw to pass out candy and not one kid came by. I couldnt believe it. I guess they dont celebrate it here in Al that much. I saw plenty of Fall Festivals at the churches so that must be where everyone was. I dii miss seeing the little one's though there always so much fun, So now my kids have 2 big bags of candy and I have lots of Snickers

Old 11-01-2008, 10:04 AM   #27
Bill & Amy
Here ya go Cheryl:

Trick or Treat

Old 11-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #28
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
OH! That one is TOO CUTE!!!
Thats what I was looking for!

Old 11-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #29
LakesideBoas
Cheryl,

If there is a town near you see if they have some kind of "thing" for the kids after trick or treating at the local library or school or fire department (where they have it here) and volunteer. Then you can see the cute little monsters...and hand out goodies too!

Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #30
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove View Post
Ms. Peterson,
I can't say I miss children knocking on my door for candy since it has been well over 20 years since I lived anywhere that I had even a neighbor closer than a mile away. You might say I am a bit of a recluse.
But I do have a thought for you for next year.
If your drive ends on a road where children do pass on Halloween Night you could try constructing a small, simple, hay/straw bale shed at the end of your drive, dress yourself as a Scare Crow and sit down there handing out candy and observing the children.
Really good idea, but unfortunately, the road we live on is pretty untraveled by trick-or-treaters as well. We are actually on a paved road (LOL, just barely) but pretty out of the way. We have more semi traffic going to the "egg factory" a few miles down than anything else.

We used to take the kids down to the local nursing home to trick-or-treat when they were little. Many of the residents would line up through the front room and halls waiting for the kids to come in, and always REALLY enjoyed seeing all of the kids. I think that was the best part of taking my own kids out...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!