Bad Guy SpiralChams Hybrid MITSIO Alex (Alejandro) Bocanegra - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #21
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post
Would you please post a link to this thread? My search did not turn up anything.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=297722

Not sure I see that thread as an example of "shooting the messenger," especially considing just how badly he tanked his own credibility in This Thread.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #22
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=297722

Not sure I see that thread as an example of "shooting the messenger," especially considing just how badly he tanked his own credibility in This Thread.
I'm inclined to agree with you on that.

back to the issue at hand:
As far as Alex/Spiralchams goes, if there is a health guarantee it should be honored based on the problems these animals showed up with, regardless of the hybrid status of the animals sold.
It seems that Spiralchams did (allegedly) sell sick chams to djfishygillz and not honor a health guarantee by ignoring contact, then blamed the customer, so there appears to be some history of this behavior.
suspiciously similar to what is happening to the OP: sold chams with mouth rot, etc; called the seller a noob (based on locality issue) and now will not resolve the issue.

Definitely worthy of the "shady" label being issued here.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #23
Panther Company
The mouth rot in the male and the mbd in the female are clearly serious health issues that his 5 day health guarantee should cover.

We've done business with Alex and wouldn't do it again. He eventually admitted that he sold us a female Mitsio that he knew was hybrid as a "Pure CB import from Canada" for $500, and when confronted, offered to let us go bring him the (now gravid after being paired with one of our WC Mitsio's) plus $200 more in exchange for a young baby from one of his first clutches. My response then was to tell him that his business ethics were horrible and we'd never do business with him again.

I agree the male looks hybrid from our limited experience with a couple WC males, and what we believe to be some F1 offspring from them.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #24
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Company View Post
He eventually admitted that he sold us a female Mitsio that he knew was hybrid as a "Pure CB import from Canada" for $500...
Don't suppose that this exchange happened to take place via email or some other verifiable medium? If you happen to have it saved somewhere, that'd be yet another nail in his coffin. It's one thing to have disgruntled customers come here and tell us what a scammer he is; but to have it in his own words is pretty much a kill shot.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #25
LauraB
Alex, the MBD in the female is obvious .... even in the photo you initially sent to your buyer. Legs should always bend in a "V" shape, not "U" or have lumps as that poor female's legs clearly have. The male appears to have a mouth issue as well.

Blaming your buyer for being "inexperienced" does NOT excuse you from neglectful husbandry and selling obviously sick chams, regardless of what dubious locales/genetic lineage they may be.

Your customer is due compensation. Plain and simple.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:43 AM   #26
Chamsofcali
Glad I saw this thread on the Cham forums!! Some people work pretty dam hard for there money so to overcharge for crossed locales and to knowingly lie and represent them as something other than what they truly are is a pretty dirty move! I could understand it happening with a wild caught female in the mix and being a complete accident but I don't think that's the case here. Especially with this fellas history... Keeping locales pure is pretty important to try and get decent and "sustainable" captive bred populations going with panthers so this guy is throwing some real curve balls out to people and the whole panther breeding community which I know most of the people in this hobby know and understand. I've personally crossed locales on complete accident (funny story) and on purpose to experiment with color variations but wouldn't ever misrepresent what they are to a buyer nor would I do any crossing with a rarer unestablished locale. Apparently this dude does not care for the hobby, the idea of keeping unestablished CB locales pure, or the people involved. I don't wanna be a "hater" and bash this dude but he's crossed too many lines too many times from the sounds of things...sorry for your troubles to the person/people involved with this guy, but thank you for posting this! Ill make sure not to do business with this dude or his "brother"

Old 05-16-2014, 04:03 AM   #27
Chamsofcali
I won't even get started on the husbandry issues...

Old 05-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #28
djfishygillz
[quote=Fangthane;1712881]

Not sure I see that thread as an example of "shooting the messenger," especially considing just how badly he tanked his own credibility in [URL="

How was I not attacked? Five people ganging up and distorting facts. I can guarantee you I have plenty of credibility with hundreds of successful sales, ask anyone but Alex or ask me for a list references. I can name 100. I had one bad sale on here and that is it. So think twice before you mention someone's credibility. Jackp is a complete freak who had been following me and distorting everything I would say. That guy doesn't even sell animals or own any he just trolls people.

And I said Alex sells sick chams in that thread, fact check. He still is.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #29
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfishygillz View Post
How was I not attacked? Five people ganging up and distorting facts. I can guarantee you I have plenty of credibility with hundreds of successful sales, ask anyone but Alex or ask me for a list references. I can name 100. I had one bad sale on here and that is it. So think twice before you mention someone's credibility. Jackp is a complete freak who had been following me and distorting everything I would say. That guy doesn't even sell animals or own any he just trolls people.

And I said Alex sells sick chams in that thread, fact check. He still is.
that thread did not exactly make you look good but people can and do change for the better. best not to worry about that drama for now. There are many good transactions with djfishygillz on this site.

djfishygillz is not the subject of this thread however.
The problems with the transaction between him and spiralchams is quite similar in nature to the transaction with the OP, that is what is most important to this conversation; it helps to paint a clearer picture of spiralchams' MO.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #30
djfishygillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post
that thread did not exactly make you look good but people can and do change for the better. best not to worry about that drama for now. There are many good transactions with djfishygillz on this site.

djfishygillz is not the subject of this thread however.
The problems with the transaction between him and spiralchams is quite similar in nature to the transaction with the OP, that is what is most important to this conversation; it helps to paint a clearer picture of spiralchams' MO.
I'll admit the thread I posted wasn't the clearest or as well structured as Ziya, but point being spiralchams srspiritail spiralchams22 Alejandro17 are all the same person and all selling sick chameleons sadly. I just hoped he would refund Ziya and just admit he was wrong.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
hybrid, mitsio, pure