Common Courtesy - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:58 PM   #21
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverjop
Yep the problem is ...your Father has enabled him his whole life. Why should he work for something when it is handed to him on a gold plate?
The things in life that are most cherished are the things you have to work the hardest for!
SOOOO TRUE.

Old 04-18-2005, 02:52 PM   #22
robin d.
i swear i had an entire long post typed oout and i tried to submit it and bam it was gone and i was another page... i am so ttired i can barley keep my eyes open so i will re-type it again later when i am more awake

Old 04-18-2005, 03:00 PM   #23
DAND
Running wouldn't do any good either. My Mom used to just grab a handfull of hair and drag me over to the spoon. That stopped working when I started to drag her by my hair away from the spoon.

Old 04-18-2005, 03:30 PM   #24
shrap
Up until we were 13 or 14 moms favorite item was a sandal to the backside. Then just a good attention grabbing smack to the face when we got older.

Dad on the other hand stayed out of the small crap. Pops was a pretty easy going man. He expected some mischief from kids and even helped instigate a fair share of it. Yet my pops was 100% Sicilian. His parents came over on the boat around the turn of the century. Respect was very prominant in our household. Jokes and poking fun was encouraged and was the general rule of the house. But do not, I repeat do not treat anyone with disrespect or your a$$ was in deep do-do with pops.

Most of the time punishment from my father meant you got to spend an entire weekend working your a$$ off around the house or down at his bar, closely supervised and getting hours worth of ethics lectures. Do a half a$$ed job and it meant the next weekend too. Yet if you did something really stupid that flared his temper it meant one big fist burried right into your chest....followed by the weekend work and lectures.

One thing about it though, my parents were fair. We never caught hell just because they were in a bad mood or whatever. We deserved every bit of the punishment we got.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:45 PM   #25
riverjop
Awww Robin! Just write out your message in your "compose" from your e-mail then you can spell check if you want and copy and paste it to Fauna!....did you really think I was this good of a speller....huh?

Old 04-18-2005, 06:55 PM   #26
robin d.
well my father was much harsher on my brothers.. harchest one the first (13 years older),a bit less harsh on the second (8 years older), the third (6 years older) a bit less harsh but called him names and stuff... he was a mama's boy. so by the time i came around he was older and wiser plus i was the only girl... i was the aple of his eye but every single bit of punushment i completely deserved.
i was one of those spoiled rich kids who got everything. Got a car at 16 a brand new one at 18, had $700 dollar purses and a $600 dollar leather backpack, all the best brand names, a rolex at 13 and got diamond amd gold jewwelry not so long after. you name it i had it and it was ALWAYS the best. I always had the best of the best.
my dad told my mom that his kids would never want like he did when he was a kid (he grew up litterally dirt poor and being the oldest worked from the age of 7)
my parents supported me until i was 25, i did not have to work. but my mom passed away and my dad could no longer support me because of all the bills ect. let me tell you it was a quick HARD lesson in responsibility. in hindsight i look back and wish they would have made me work for what i wanted ,to gain responsibilty, but no changing that, it's in the past. i know they raised me (us) the best they knew how. i was always honest and up front with them and they appreciated that... but i was never the kid who got grounded or things taken away, when i was an ass. But they tauught us manners, couth and respect... the old fasioned kind.
russell (my husband) taught me ALLOT not only responsibility but finance, taxes(i always had a cpa do mine), book keping, balacing a check book, bugeting and not to let the extra money we have burn a damn hole in my pocket LOL and patience (even though i still dont have much it;s MUCH better) these were things i never had to worry about before.. he was brought up entirely the opposite as me. he had no dad was raised by his mom and grandmother. his mom often worked three jobs just to keep food on the table. sometimes they had to go to the food bank for food and the church for clothing. russ has been workking since he was 13 mainly to help out his family (he has one other brother 2 years older and one sister 2 years younger). like i said he has worked since he was 13 and from that time til now has usually had at least two jobs and he is now 40.
it's funny how we have so many things in common but yet others are COMPLETELY different. But he was taught manners, respect and responsibility... the couth came later you know those fast and foul mouth people from new jersey LOL lots of attitude

Old 04-18-2005, 07:15 PM   #27
Russ S
"the couth came later you know those fast and foul mouth people from new jersey LOL lots of attitude"

I have no clue what she's talking about.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:52 PM   #28
robin d.
that is the second r in r2 reptiles... and he is lieing

Old 04-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #29
Russ S
i have lots of couth, it's just that most of it is the "un" kind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!