Beardie Sites - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-23-2005, 01:26 AM   #21
TripleMoonsExotic
Honestly, my first Beardie purchase was a big let down in the "morph department." I'm used to the cut and dry genetics of cornsnakes (hell, name a multi homo morph and I'll tell you the break down!). I purchased a "Snow" from a large breeder (I saw the pictures posted on the website of PURE WHITE dragons) and received a NORMAL looking Dragon. I love Nova with all my heart and wouldn't let him go...But he is definitly NOT what I paid for (though I don't know that I could put a price on his wonderful personality!). The breeder did me right though and I'll be picking up a pair of Reds at a discounted price down at MARS this year.

I do have a DBN Orange Snow as well...She is to die for! I swear, she gets better and better every day!

*Attached is a pic of Nova
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nova.jpg (115.9 KB, 72 views)

Old 08-23-2005, 01:28 AM   #22
TripleMoonsExotic
FYI - I just took that cricket out of his cage...Lazy butt that he is, he doesn't chase his crickets so I always find them at night roaming his cage...

Old 08-23-2005, 07:03 PM   #23
Chris Steele
You said you couldn't put a price on Nova because of the personality...

I've heard a lot about how beardies have very different and individual personalities. I've even heard people comparing them as a pet to a dog. Would you go that far?

Old 08-23-2005, 09:13 PM   #24
TripleMoonsExotic
Yes, Chris...Each and everyone has a different personality. I don't know that I'd compare to a dog though...I guess in some ways, yes.

Nova's a lazy butt, loves his greens and is happy to chill on the back of my sofa. Areweyn on the other hand is a little spit fire...She'll eat anything and is always on the move!

Old 08-23-2005, 10:27 PM   #25
Chris Steele
Do they make more of a pet type 'pet' than most herps?

Currently I just have Cornsnakes, but have had more variety in the past. I might.. well I hope to be getting beardies along with my corns when my girlfriend and I are living together. She likes animals almost as much as me (thank God lol). Anyway, are there any Bearded Dragon books that you would recommend to me?

Thanks, Chris.

Old 08-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #26
TripleMoonsExotic
Actually...What I would recommend is joining the beardeddragon.org community. Any and all information can be found there! Just go to the site and run a search!

Old 08-24-2005, 09:17 AM   #27
Matt Haines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Steele
Do they make more of a pet type 'pet' than most herps?

Currently I just have Cornsnakes, but have had more variety in the past. I might.. well I hope to be getting beardies along with my corns when my girlfriend and I are living together. She likes animals almost as much as me (thank God lol). Anyway, are there any Bearded Dragon books that you would recommend to me?

Thanks, Chris.
And if you really want a book I would recommend "General Care and Maintenance of Bearded Dragons" by Phillipe de Vosjoli and Robert Mailloux.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:19 AM   #28
Matt Haines
Also, if you are looking for a reptile that you can handle and "play" with then bearded dragons make an excellent choice.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:02 PM   #29
Reptileking636
I agree with both of Matt's posts. Great book, and they do make a very good reptile pet. All of mine know to beg for roaches when i walk in the room, they run to the glass and start banging their heads on the glass.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:54 PM   #30
Chris Steele
Thanks for all the help everyone and thanks Matt for the suggestion on the book

Thanks, Chris!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!