Sneak preview - BoardOfInquiry.com - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:30 PM   #21
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
I dont know
just that some companies have a bunch of lawyers(<--no warning points for cussing..lol) on payroll to protect their images and stuff im sure they would find a loophole in some law somewhere to harass the forum?
calling a small business on a bad deal is one thing but i wouldnt want wallmart pissed at me
Dont get me wrong i think it would be a great site if that wasnt a problem
Yeah, there is always that danger. I thought maybe I should have copied the member data table from this site over to the new site for safety reasons. A site with a large member base might give me more protection then one with only a handful of members. A site with a lot of members could be looked at as a large PR headache to a company wanting to piss of that membership.

Yeah, there is the danger of infant mortality. And I did sweat it through the BOI on HerpWantAds when I started that up for that same reason.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:31 PM   #22
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
Here is the spell check for 3.5 Rich http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ht=spell+check

If you require any help setting it up let me know, its quite easy....

Thanks for your help, Chris. I do appreciate it. Been meaning to browse through vbulletin.org to see what was there, but just haven't had the time....

Old 10-31-2005, 11:49 PM   #23
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJHB
Wow, what a nice site...I love the black and gold lettering! It looks VERY user friendly, and I think ppl would use it for that reason alone.

Do you think there could be a category for household items, like the knick nacks ppl buy at Hallmark and what-not? Or how about kitchen items, like dish washers, mixers, and etc...

Maybe check the categories that Consumer Reports uses, just to make sure you don't leave anything out? Do you have a CR book lying around? I'm thinking there may be more categories that one person couldn't think of right off...
Good ideas! Of course, I had to add more sections.......... So much for keeping this uncomplicated and simple.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:01 AM   #24
WebSlave
Question

Just out of curiosity, how many of you will have something to add to the new site I am setting up? I know I have a few entries lined up myself, but I'm curious about whether anyone else has some issues they would want to air out there. Both positive and negative ones, of course.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #25
coyote
I am in the very midst of an eBay transaction that looks like it might go sour. Seller received the money. I did not receive the item. Seller is defensive. I am pi$$ed.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:16 AM   #26
WebSlave
I decided to open the site up to registrations. I figure I can always move things around as needed if threads are posted before I finalize the design.

I checked the trademark of "Consumer Reports" and I'm not sure this will be an issue or not. Might have to run this by my attorney to see what he says.

One thing I learned about Ebay is to NEVER leave your feedback until you are positively 100 percent absolutely certain the deal is done completely. If you give positive feedback and then later find out something to make you change your mind, tough.

Oh and I added a little added touch to the design with a modest background image. It looked too busy with the entire page background imaged, but the way I have it now seems to add a little bit of interesting contrast. At least to my eyes, anyway.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:27 AM   #27
Otter_23
I like the idea as whole. I just see it as a very daunting task. The BOI seems to be very effective while it encompasses a certain trade but when you open it up to say all construction companies the sheer volume could bury it. Meaning you wouldn't be able to browse it like the fauna's because there could be literally thousands of new threads a week making it difficult for the members to hold people accountable. One idea to help this might be to break them into states or counties. I do like the idea I just think compared to a niche like reptiles where once you have been around for awhile people know each other this is going to be a huge beast and it won't have the same effect as the current BOI. With that being said maybe it will spawn into something that serves the same purpose but works differently. I wish you luck and may try to use it.
Mark Westberg

Old 11-01-2005, 02:31 AM   #28
Otter_23
I do think that if you started small with other type hobby/businesses it would be very successful. For example Horse breeders, star wars or movie collectors. Then maybe insurance companies LOL.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:46 AM   #29
WebSlave
Actually I will be surprised if it gets much of a following at all. But I have been kicking this idea around for a couple of years now, and figure what the heck. I had a spare vBulletin license to use and it doesn't take that long to throw a new site together. Plus I already had the appropriate domain name as well.

Will much use come from it? I doubt it. But I've done dumber things in my life.........

Old 11-01-2005, 03:24 AM   #30
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Just out of curiosity, how many of you will have something to add to the new site I am setting up? I know I have a few entries lined up myself, but I'm curious about whether anyone else has some issues they would want to air out there. Both positive and negative ones, of course.
I'm sure I can think of a few. From warranty and rebate discrepancies, invalid charges..... I'm sure many people will have various things to address. In the beginning I'm sure many of the issues will be somewhat dated and beyond repair but some will be I'm sure.....

Problems arise in every aspect of business, on line or general retail. If you're seeing this here regarding reptile related issues just imagine how many you would see if the walls were torn down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!