The Lowcountry Reptile Expo, Charleston S.C. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:05 AM   #31
bigsnakedaddy
I appreciate all the kind comments. There were a lot of people involved in this project as it was a joint venture between Upper Works Marketing (Rob, John, & Marie Constantino) and myself (Promoter) and a wonderful team of UWM members whose names are not mentioned but were an integral part of the shows success. Much thanks to my fiance Felicia for all of her support during the past five months of my concentrating on this event. Again thanks to all the Sponsors and Vendors who made it all worthwhile. The positive feedback about the quality of vendors from attendees is tying up my phone day and night. Thanks for all your suggestions for improvements both on this forum and thru emails. We will consider all critiques and suggestions, evaluate and re-evaluate as we prepare for another event. Again thanks!

Old 03-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #32
audrypayne
Since you've mentioned Felicia: I must say that I really enjoyed what little time that I got to talk with her. She is truly a beautiful person, both inside & out. And somehow she manages to put up with you. Great woman.LOL

Old 03-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #33
UWM, L.L.C.
Hello all! This is Marie with Upper-Works Marketing, L.L.C., Promoters of the Lowcountry Reptile and Amphibian Expo (Ladson, SC). I just wanted to say thank you very much to all of the vendors and sponsors of the Lowcountry Reptile and Amphibian Expo. I had a wonderful time with all of you and hope your experience was just as nice.
First and foremost, I want to thank Roark Ferguson for ALL of his HARD work and long hours. I do not believe anyone knows how hard Roark worked to make this a great experience for all of us. Roark printed flyers, took time at all local events he could to hand them out, and really put a lot of hours and thought into this show.
We also want to thank John Constantinou, Mr. John's Farm, for his hard work. Thank you, John, for all of the advice, the hours you put into this expo, and your candor. It has been reassuring to have you involved in every aspect.
This being the first true Reptile Expo we have promoted, we feel it was a positive experience and are looking forward to many shows in the future. The next show we have booked is at the Ladson Exchange Park (same location) on September 9th and 10th.
Promoting an Expo takes a lot of hard work, sweat, and emotional breakdowns, but the payoff is worth it. Thank the promoters of all of your shows for all of the work they do. If you should have any questions, comments, or concerns, I will be checking the postings on this site periodically. You can also reach me at our office (843) 761-5111.

Marie Constantinou
Owner
Upper-Works Marketing, L.L.C.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:03 AM   #34
Zoo Supply
marie

Marie, Like the other vendors said, you and john and the others did an extremely good job....
Never at a herp show have I seen the security with such a presence, the other guys in the industry definately should pay attention to how you guys did it.
I gotta say that with a few more years of tweeking things, you guys have the potential to be industry leaders...
good job guys.
TOM

Old 03-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #35
eric adrignola
roark, you had armed security, correct?

Old 03-24-2006, 11:56 AM   #36
audrypayne
Yes, Eric. He had armed security day & night. And a lot of it!

Old 03-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #37
eric adrignola
That's awesome. When I have worked security for Tony, I was just
"there". I prevented people from sneaking in or out (with stuff), but I
couldn't have done much if I had too - unless I REALLY had to
(threatened myself).

Having armed security isn't just great "just in case", it's a real big factor
in criminal "risk assesment". People stupid enough to rob someone in
the first place migh thave second thoughts if they KNOW they are going
to have to get by armed security.

Plus, with venomous at the show, it makes a lot of sense anyway.

Considering the amount of cash at these shows, that's definatly a good
thing.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:08 PM   #38
UWM, L.L.C.
Security Team

Thank you for the comments about the Security Team we hired. Most of our team consisted of either ex-military, active military, or prior security service. One person on our team even volunteers/trains with the Jacksonville Police Department. We were armed, but only with the permission from the Venue Coordinator and Charleston County. We also made sure the Officers on duty in the Parking Area (Berkeley County Sherriff's Department) were very aware that we were armed and experienced. I would not suggest having armed security without experienced team members and informing local law enforcement. Again, we really appreciate all of the positive comments, and/or negative comments. These will help tremendously with the next Upper-Works Marketing, L.L.C. show September 9th and 10th!!

Marie Constantinou
Owner
Upper-Works Marketing, L.L.C.
mariec@upper-works.com
(843) 761-5111

Old 03-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #39
eric adrignola
I MIGHT have animals to sell in September, but I have a wedding in NJ on the date of Alex's show in Raleigh - that might just be what I need!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!