Warning: Dogs dying, no recall from PURINA - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #31
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Everyone beware! As most know, I lost almost my entire rat colony last summer from a Purina / Land O' Lakes / MAZURI RECALL in 2012.
Nick I noticed that Mazuri makes a tortoise food (I saw some for sale in the classified). Could you please say more about the Mazuri recall? Was it only rat food?

Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #32
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Nick I noticed that Mazuri makes a tortoise food (I saw some for sale in the classified). Could you please say more about the Mazuri recall? Was it only rat food?
Nope, it was a whole bunch of feeds. Here's a list from Mazuri (Page 3 is blank, but 4 and 5 have more feeds listed):

http://www.mazuri.com/Feed%20Recall7...2Mazuriweb.pdf

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm311992.htm

Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #33
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtinthedirt View Post
Nick ...
Thanks for your reply, Emily. I was a little narrowminded about this yesterday and probably didn't keep my mind as open as I should of. Hopefully, this is just a scare because in the case that it is not, I am fearful of someone not finding out until their pet is gone.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #34
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
Word back from Purina is all allegations
are false
Yes and they also said in that same reply that they have a "comprehensive food safety program, and we test and monitor to help and ensure product quality and safety." But if you look at history, they only test after there is a problem. Look at the product recall above. If they test to ensure safety, why did it take them until mid-July to recall food that was processed and sold in May? Tommy, when did you start believing what the man feeds you

Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #35
Metachrosis
I dont believe them,I was going to post something but decided
not to give them any unnecessary acknowledgment(s)

Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #36
Mooing Tricycle
Theyre great at deception, even if not outright lying.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #37
Lucille
Look at them put their spin on corn:
http://www.purina.com/meet-purina/nutrition#

Old 02-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #38
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Look at them put their spin on corn:
http://www.purina.com/meet-purina/nutrition#
Neat. Two reasons why corn is good for your dog. It has protein and more antioxidants than an apple

Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #39
Lucille
Nick, I read the link you provided. Recalled Mazuri foods include turtle and crocodilian foods. I wonder should a separate thread be made so those who have those kinds of critters but not dogs be warned?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #40
Mooing Tricycle
I hate the BS Vegan crap people using/asking about BARF spout too... Dont get a meat eating animal if you arent going to provide it with its natural sources.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!