Dark side of Herpetology - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #31
th3jok3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
No. It was the most disgusting thing I think I've ever done.

Well. Removing 28 slugs from an 8' very upset BCI's enclosure was pretty gross, and scary. BONUS!
I was in the us army ranger battalion and i must say you are a brave man

Old 07-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #32
Twizted Paths
*edit* Towels work on almost everything - even fish!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #33
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Alright... I've got one.
My salmon boas come from my friend Keith Redmon's line and I swear to the heavens that he Trains them to go to the bathroom in their water dish.
Now, if you've ever had this happen and had to clean it... you look in the side of the tub/tank and think, "Oh yay! an easy clean!" You are horribly mistaken my friend.
Even from sitting in the water for only 15 minutes it has broken down and it WREAKS. There is no dumping this runny junk in the trash so you go to dump it down the toilet, but you better stand back! It still splashes, especially when a big old chunk gets stuck to the side of the water bowel and you have to shake the bowl to get it out (i'm not touchin' that with a paper towel!)
Provided you don't get any on you and you haven't puked yet.. you now have to Scrub the water bowl for 15 minutes to get the stains and smell off, or leave it soak over night if it's that bad.
You think you're done? Oh no my friend. That smell gets in EVERYTHING. You have to change all the substrate in the tank any way. And probably your cloths as well.
I swear if I find out Keith does this to me on purpose I'm gonna kill him, lol.
Last time I had to stuff cotton balls in my nose. My husband laughed at me when one fell out while my hands were full and I came running out of the bathroom screaming "MY COTTON BALL!!! (with the other one still hanging in the other nostril) It Burns!!"
The really funny part?
He says that the 2 that do it most often are "his" snakes.
Funny... haven't seen him in here doing this.

Another fun tid bit. My Pastel Male decided he would roll in his one day and got it in his eye and all over his head. Never had that one happen before.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #34
Twizted Paths
About an even half of mine mistake their water bowl for a toilet.

If I don't clean Sienna's cage immediately she will strike at me until I pull her out and get it done. Her thumping is how I know if her's is the dirty cage the minute I walk in the room.

I tried to tell her I was the owner. I even showed her the receipt, she still doesn't believe me

Old 07-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #35
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post

I tried to tell her I was the owner. I even showed her the receipt, she still doesn't believe me
Hahaha, yeah.. my Retic pretty much owns me. She does with me what she pleases. Gnaws on my head and tries to pee on me. Dumps her water bowl every time I put her in a clean cage, she's the only one I have to use the hook on still too. Everyone else got over it.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #36
Heart and Soul Reptiles
I thought of another one too...
Have you ever been "walking" your snakes in town or the neighborhood and they either pee on you or start taking a dump on someone's yard like a dog?
I can't tell you how many times I've walked my whole route having been peed on in the first 10 minutes and listening to the whole time, "What's that smell?"
I usually just ask someone for a napkin.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #37
Twizted Paths
I can't take my snakes outside if I want them to still be there when I come home. I hate the city.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #38
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
I can't take my snakes outside if I want them to still be there when I come home. I hate the city.
How come? I cary my snakes around West Chester all the time!!

Old 07-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #39
Twizted Paths
I live in Cleveland, these people might not know what something is exactly but they can sure tell if it's worth money. I don't want my babies stolen.

All it takes is one moron freaking out and running into traffic cause they're so scared of the evil vicious snake and then we're facing more bad press and I catch a lawsuit.

neighbor calls the cops on my truck because it being legally parked on the street annoys him. He will definitely call on a snake. I don't want the cops and animal control in my house.
My daughter is classified as special needs, I can not afford drama. I will not give anyone any ammunition to try and take her from me, I will not give up my snakes again.
I learned the hard way that following all the rules/laws and safe keeping practices don't do a bloody thing to help you legally.

Once I can line up the cash, services for my kid, non restrictive herp laws & a better climate I am so out of this state.
Georgia's looking pretty good so far

Okay Back to the Fun stuff!

Old 07-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #40
Shadera
Georgia, why not WV? I need someone snakey to hang out and get into (and out of) trouble with. The man just doesn't understand my obsession. Still gets the heebies whenever I'm opening shipping boxes and pulling out new jewels for the collection.

And thanks for the visual on the cotton balls. That was pretty funny! The balls have never crapped in their water, but the boas for the most part see it as some sort of flush toilet system. I am starting to think they are running experiments to see how many times they can get me to change their water.

I've tossed some gross stuff in the trash, I pity the trash guys who cut open my bags every week because they're just convinced I'm trying to slip in some lawn clippings on them with the weight of the dirty rodent bedding. HaHA! Joke's on them!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!