B.O.I. participants play favorites? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Yes 11 55.00%
No 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #31
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwedeking
Sure, I'll put $500 where my mouth is.

OK, $500 wager it is that FaunaClassifieds.com along with the Board of Inquiry will still be online and fully functional on May 7, 2007.

Will three people here signify as witnessing this wager?

Old 05-07-2005, 07:21 PM   #32
Lucille
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I mean, I will signify and I will be here at that time, too.....

Old 05-07-2005, 07:25 PM   #33
WebSlave
Quote:
I have no doubt in our ability to defend our company's practices in a public forum. Matter of fact, the way a person handles a thread will have as large an impact (if not larger) on how others view them as the original situation that brought rise to the situation. Frankly the freedom you allowed people previously gave them enough to do their own hangings, so I don't feel protection was needed.
The fact that you didn't see what went on in the background doesn't negate my decision that it was necessary.

As for your ability to defend your reputation, well of course you can, and through some time, trouble and aggravation, no doubt on your part to do so. What my decision for paid memberships being a requirement, is for an application of the age old adage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That $10 fee is the ounce.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #34
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
OK, $500 wager it is that FaunaClassifieds.com along with the Board of Inquiry will still be online and fully functional on May 7, 2007.

I'm sure I'll be here in two years.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #35
Ophis
Exactly my point Rich. KS seems to do quite well using the standard route most commercial sites of the type use. Proffit is made from revenues generated by charging for advertising. This route was suggested to you when you started approaching the subject of making more money. Seems to me that if you have 19,000 members here that you could have gone that route. Instead you chose to make your proffit by inventing a membership higherarchy and charging as associated graduated fee.

A good number of people have a problem with this as they feel it has corrupted the integrity of the site.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:30 PM   #36
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis
Can you educate me regarding my prior question as John responded by attempting to bash me and KS at the same time while avoiding the question.
Bashing; pot, kettle, black. That's all you've done since you returned on someone else's dime. Call it bashing, but it is my opinion that is poor principles to come back on someone else's dime and start bashing, when you said you were leaving this site on principles (that no longer seem to apply). As far as the question, I'm not avoiding it, it's a waste of time, just like I said. For one reason, because it's obvious it won't matter to you, and two because all you have to do is search-kingsnake, jeff B., or any number of keywords, to find out why a lot of peope don't like KS. Daniel brfiefly mentioned one of the reasons a post or few ago.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:34 PM   #37
cthulhu77
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave

You can easily cover the spread with 10 bucks a head...care for something perhaps more costly???
greg

Old 05-07-2005, 07:36 PM   #38
Ophis
John:

As to your being upset that I am here on someone elses dime. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

As to me not caring about an explanation. Your right at this point, at least not one from you, since I'm quite sure it will consist of mostly Hog Wash.

I am however interested in a rational explaination from a rational respondant.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #39
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
I'm sure I'll be here in two years.
David you gots to signify NOW that you saw the bet, but we are all gonna get together and PARTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in two years. I'm bringin' the Bluebell Ice Cream, what are you bringin?

Old 05-07-2005, 07:45 PM   #40
Ophis
Quote:
Sure, I'll put $500 where my mouth is.

I'd like to hear your education of Ophis though, as I feel KS has a good business plan even though I don't like the totalitarian way they monitor their forums.
Was that the reference you had in mind there john? If you notice it was also stated that he felt they had a good business plan and would like to hear an explaination as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!