owens, good moderator or not - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-23-2005, 03:58 PM   #31
nicolai
I personaly feel that if one person would have stayed off of this thread and had not provoked WES into his comments he would still be here.All he did was ask a question of the members and instead of just answering the question this person had to make it a personal thing even when the question was not about this member. Could WES have held his tongue or his comments ?? probably. Was he baited into it, you bet.

How about we all sit back and think about this....

Is the site better or worse now that wes is permanently banned???

think about it.

Old 10-23-2005, 03:59 PM   #32
Junkyard
Wes, you will be missed.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:25 PM   #33
WebSlave
I don't know why some things hit me the way they do, but I just try to go with the flow. I just get the darnedest ideas sometimes when I am cleaning snake cages and thinking about the stuff that goes on here.

I have decided that I will use the **HELL** forum somewhat like it's name implies it should. Anyone who has been fined and suspended (and has not paid their fine) as well as any of those lost souls who have been banned will be granted access to the **HELL** forum and ONLY that forum on this site.

Yes perhaps some people will be perfectly happy spending all their time there. But I think it appropriate that those people who have fallen from grace on this site be placed in a pit such as the **HELL** forum has been intended to be. I guess if someone here wants to save that $10 fee to have access to that site, this will be a cheaper way of doing it. But bear in mind that once you get tired of it, it will then cost you $10 to get OUT of **HELL**.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #34
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I don't know why some things hit me the way they do, but I just try to go with the flow. I just get the darnedest ideas sometimes when I am cleaning snake cages and thinking about the stuff that goes on here.

I have decided that I will use the **HELL** forum somewhat like it's name implies it should. Anyone who has been fined and suspended (and has not paid their fine) as well as any of those lost souls who have been banned will be granted access to the **HELL** forum and ONLY that forum on this site.

Yes perhaps some people will be perfectly happy spending all their time there. But I think it appropriate that those people who have fallen from grace on this site be placed in a pit such as the **HELL** forum has been intended to be. I guess if someone here wants to save that $10 fee to have access to that site, this will be a cheaper way of doing it. But bear in mind that once you get tired of it, it will then cost you $10 to get OUT of **HELL**.
Rich,

I think that you need a vacation.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:47 PM   #35
KelliH
Quote:
Rich,

Can I go with him?

I think we need to start a self help group. Faunaphiles Anoymous or something similar.

For the record, I think Dr. Owens is a good mod. You can't fault someone for -occasionally- taking things personally, mod or not, they are human after all.

I also think Wes is one of the kindest, most honest people I have ever met.

Who would have ever thought that a herp website would cause so much drama and strife? Certainly not Rich, I'm sure.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:55 PM   #36
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Rich,

Working on that........ But not until December. Maybe by then this site will be cleansed enough that I don't even need to have my laptop with me.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:55 PM   #37
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Can I go with him?
That's between you, Rich, and your spouses.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:55 PM   #38
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Working on that........ But not until December. Maybe by then this site will be cleansed enough that I don't even need to have my laptop with me.
Define "cleansed".

Old 10-23-2005, 05:57 PM   #39
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
baited into it

People who know Wes, know that he does not float like a leaf in a stream, he is not easily directed, not at all a weak person. The opposite is true.

Only someone who did not know him well would characterize him as one who would snap up bait.

But, it is human nature, I suppose, for people to blame, instead of gaining wisdom and insight from a process, they lash out at whatever is near by.

There is a lot of human nature here......

Old 10-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #40
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
I also think Wes is one of the kindest, most honest people I have ever met.
Perhaps so, but all I can judge someone by is how they act HERE on this site. Perhaps if Wes had acted more in that manner here, then this would not have had to take place. Wes placed me in the position of either having fish or cut bait, which he likely knew full well that he was doing that.

I honestly like Wes, but I cannot let that stand in the way of what I needed to do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!