What happened when I trusted Bill Leverton and loaned him money! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:09 AM   #31
shrap
If I know Laura anywhere even close to as well as I think I do, I think it quit being about the money long ago. This is about more than an unpaid debt. Repayment at this point would still be nice, but it is not going to replace the disappointment or sense of betrayal. The feeling that a once trusted friend never really was a friend in the first place. That is what hurts the most.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:39 AM   #32
barbie69
What a sad story! I don't know either Bill or Laura but I am a person who also wears their heart on their sleeve. I really think it sucks to see anyone taken advantage of and it sucks even more that a supposed friendship was sacrificed for money as well as the feelings that were crushed!! I am so sorry for the loss of your friendship and money Laura.
I do think you are going to be better off in the end though. Stay true to yourself and everything will work out fine. Life is too short to spend too much time on being angry. Enjoy your new releationship and have a wonderful life!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Old 12-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #33
Tenor Goddess

This news hit me like a rock. I've been down south for almost three weeks now and haven't really gotten to view the forums until this morning.

Laura, I am so sorry that this has happened to you. You are the coolest chick I've ever met, very sweet, kind, funny as hell and just an honest and wonderful person to know (and hanging out with you was mega fun!!). This dirtbag Bill...

It takes a special kind of scum to betray what appeared to be a very close friendship. Unfortunately, I know how being betrayed like this feels. Why anyone would do this to another kind human being and blatantly use them for any reason, monetary or otherwise, is beyond my comprehension.

I'm very jazzed to hear about you and your wonderful new life with Bryon!!! Congrats to both of you! Hopefully Bill will save SOME face and pay back his monetary debt to you now and leave you alone to live a happy life.

Biggest hugs (let me know when you are visiting in the area again!!)

Amanda Rose

Old 12-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #34
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas
Yup , she loved the idea.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

At least it will put a smile on your face whenever you flush, "Billy has just left the room."

Old 12-23-2006, 11:31 AM   #35
Griz
I'm not disappointed at all. To be disappointed would imply that I had higher expectations of Bill. He let me down once and I never trusted him again.

Laura, I'm sorry this happened to you. You deserve so much better. Hopefully, you've found that ''better'' in Bryon.

Griz

Old 12-23-2006, 11:33 AM   #36
Laura Fopiano
Thank you all so much for all of the love and support.......I received this when I woke up this morning
Quote:
Dear Laura Cox,
Bill Leverton just sent you money with PayPal.
Bill Leverton is a Verified buyer.

Payment Details

Amount:$200.00 USDTransaction ID:3SN69525U1961920RSubject: SorryNote:Laura, Sorry I missed the 21st, Was away, Have a Good Holiday
And Sammy, you do know me. it was never about the money.
I now have to take the man that I love to the airport and say good by until 1/26/07. Christmas is bittersweet, but look out 2007.........

Old 12-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #37
Ginger Ambrose
I understand the realization that a person you allowed to get "close" was nothing more than a common con-man, is devastating.
Laura, you did not deserve his crap. I know you are the bigger person, and to bring this here was very difficult. I am once again proud to count you among a very small group...............my friends.
You are a brave, honest & caring Woman.

Bill, you have shown your true colors, and they are pretty ugly.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #38
CurtisF
I've never known Bill or you personally, but I have read a few threads relating to him. I tend to just read, take in, and not get involved in things when it comes to heated debates due to my age and, generally, inexperience. This is different. Everyone should see the colors of Bill Leverton and what genuine kindness sometimes receives. I can say I'm disappointed like others, but not because I thought Bill was changing, but because I utterly hate it when a kind person is cheated. Especially this close to the holidays, from a close friend, it must be devastating.

Good luck to you, Laura, I am appalled that someone could do that. We have a new year coming along, though, so best of luck!

Old 12-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #39
High End Herps Inc
Te Best To You From David and Tawni Beauchemin and Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Thank you all so much for all of the love and support.......I received this when I woke up this morning

And Sammy, you do know me. it was never about the money.
I now have to take the man that I love to the airport and say good by until 1/26/07. Christmas is bittersweet, but look out 2007.........
What can I say that hasn't already been said by a lot of good people.

Congratulations on finding someone that adds to your life the greatest gift in life. The sharing of two good, honest, caring souls. The sharing of life, happiness and positive times.

Like everyone else I am apalled at what Bill has done to you. It's just inexcusable. Like finally admitting the truth and his blatant culpability in the thread concerning his lies and the theft of Lee's Herps boa, here he only appears to do "the right thing" when his back is pushed to the wall in open public forum. I hope he continues to pay you what he owes you but I wouldn't count on it unless you keep this thread alive and post about every delinquent payment. It seems he only tries to appear "to do the right thing" so as to temporarily buy his way out of a bad situation. And only when forced to do so when publicly exposed. He'll likely stop as soon as it is no longer so public.

The best of everything to you and Bryon and your new future together. Big Congratulations.

Tawni Beauchemin

Old 12-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #40
The BoidSmith
Behind the "need to be gone" sale...

Below is the last part of Laura’s private e-mail message to Bill where she requests the first payment to be made by December 15 or else she “would be forced to post on the BOI”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
...I will be expecting the first of 13 payments of $200 dollars by Dec 15th, 2006 and additional payments of $200 every other week thereafter until the debt is settled. The final payment due being $100 on June 8th 2007.

Thank you,

Laura Cox
May 14, 2006 Payment To Bill Leverton ClearedDetails -$2,600.00 USD Aug. 31, 2006 Payment From Bill Leverton CompletedDetails $100.00 USD
Below is the date of the “need to be gone” Leverton’s sale (12/14):

Quote:
12-14-2006, 11:36 AM #1
Bill_Leverton
Within Striking Distance
Name : Bill Leverton
Trader Rating: (14)
Warning Level: 0
Need to be gone
I just want out of the reptile world, so this whole collection
needs to go, ASAP. It consists of…
Notice that it says “this whole collection “needs to go, ASAP”.

Part of me wants to believe that the money was going to be used to pay Laura on the 15th. Regrettably, and with all we know about Bill's past behavior it’s likely he wanted to sell his animals before everything went public on the 15th. One thing he knew for sure and it was that it was going to be very difficult to sell them after that date, particularly here in Faunaclassifieds.

Regards

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!