Critical bill Appreciation Thread. :) - Page 43 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #421
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
Just wanted to add that a lot of us not posting are praying for your family too Maggie. I don't know what to say so I've not been posting~ I know there are others too. We are all praying and checking for updates.

Stay strong

Old 03-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #422
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
Just wanted to add that a lot of us not posting are praying for your family too Maggie. I don't know what to say so I've not been posting~ I know there are others too. We are all praying and checking for updates.

Stay strong
Yes-it's just as Cheryl said-for me, too.

When I log in every day, I open a separate window for this thread, and I refresh as I surf, just looking for an update.

And as I check the refreshed page, I say a little prayer for GOOD NEWS, so aside from the BIG PRAYERS, there are dozens of little ones through out the day.

It's all I know to do to help.

I so wish I was there to lend you a hand, make you a meal or ten (I cook and eat when I'm stressed or worried), and to wrap my arms around you and the girls to give you more strength and a shoulder to cry on when the day's been too long and hard on you.

All I can do is cry as I read your updates and pray for good news.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #423
TailsWithScales
Even at the lowest 30% is still a chance! People have survived worse odds! I've seen it. Chuck has already survived and IMPROVED when they honestly thought he wouldn't! That's all the proof I /we need that he'll survive this!!!

A little story. Not to detract from Chuck but it's just to prove doctors sometimes don't know $h!t about odds and the human will to fight!

March of 2008 a really close friend of mine was in a major motorcycle accident. He had brain and spinal injuries. Doctors gave him no chance of survival and IF he did survive he would have brain damage and /or be paralyzed from the neck down. After 5 days my friend walked (that's right I said walked) out of the hospital. He was weak and had us standing by to help but he was a fighter and more then willing to prove those doctors wrong.

Chuck is this type of fighter! He is this strong of a man. He's already proven that. Percentages are just numbers. Chuck will continue to show you and those doctors this. Keep having faith and the strength Maggie. (insert BIG hug and cheek kiss here)

Old 03-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #424
Herpster
Just got back again - nothing really new, which is just fine by me. He is still hanging in there and I know he'll get better. I'm listening to their negative crap and will not let it get me down, I know him and they don't, and all of you do too!

Thanks for all the prayers, well wishes and for checking in. Have a great night guys.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #425
TheFragginDragon
Keep the faith Maggie.....
Best wishes for you, Angelina, Annie, and of course, good 'ol Chuck, I'm sure he'll pull through this.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #426
Twizted Paths
Maggie, Angelina and Annie

We continue to pray for you and think about your family through out the day. Even when I'm not posting here I check in through out the day just to check on Chuck. Stay strong and keep the faith in him. He's a strong stubborn person & as if that's not enough to make him fight, his love for you is.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #427
crotalusadamanteus
I remember reading this thread in the beginning of Feb, but I was personally offended that you Ed, of all people had the nerve to come act like you and Chuck were the best of pals. Couldn't make up my mind if it was intentional sarcasm, or if you actually just have incredible nerve. I certainly don't recall any "I love ya man" moments between you and Chuck around here.

So I backed out before I said something stupid, because for some reason, it really did make me mad.

Now I see it's grown, and return to find out this horrible news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Well I have heard from Chuck and I am sad to say that on February 12th he suffered a heart attack. He said it came out of nowhere and that he had some pain in the chest and next thing he knew he woke up in the hospital with tubes sticking out of everywhere. They've got him on 8 different medications and do not know if he will need open heart surgery as of yet. They did say his heart did suffer a lot of damage. Needless to say he will not be around here much as he needs to take care of himself as well as his wife and kids who are understandably not handling this too well. I'll keep everyone updated when I hear anything new. Let's keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers and hope for his speedy recovery.
I don't even know how to respond. I genuinely like Chuck. He has his bonehead moments like we all do, and we didn't always agree on things, but he's a sincere, honest and genuine person. Traits I admire greatly in a person. This news saddens me to no end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpster View Post
Thank you to all of you for your messages. I know he would want all of you to know and I will tell him later when I get back to the hospital about all of the messages. The doctors and nurses say they believe that he can hear me although he is not responsive. Hopefully that will change and he will wake up soon (I like to think he is just sleeping).

I know how my husband can be a little rough at times, to say the least, but he has a deep care for all of you and the hobby. That is just his way, which I miss so terribly.

It makes me feel like he is here when I come on and see the posts. Thank you to all of you and I hope you and your families are doing well.
Maggie, I am terribly sorry for what you are going through, and hope only the best for you and the future. I like Chuck a whole lot more then a lot of people I've met, though we never had much opportunity to get to know each other better. I'm not much on prayers, but exceptions sometimes are made. Mine are with all of you. I just don't have the words to describe what I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseReptiles View Post
I have started donations for Chuck and Maggie please view link in siggy!
PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Thanks for the info David, this saddens me to hear this, he will certainly be in my prayers and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Yeah, you guys were such pals you had to find out through a forum. I just don't get you Ed. You're not right in the head or something.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #428
Herpster
Got some good news today at the hospital - they had him 100 mg's of a blood pressure medication because his blood pressure was so low and they have dropped it down to only 30 mg's because he is sustaining his blood pressure basically on his own now!! Also, they have his ventilator on something called "CPAP" which they told me basically means that he is breathing on his own, with the minimal amount of help from the ventilator - I hope that this means good things are to come. I actually feel positive for the first time in a very long time.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #429
crotalusadamanteus
I'm happy to hear that indeed. Hope he continues to show these positive signs.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #430
TheFragginDragon
OMG, that's GREAT news Maggie!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!