My First Beardie - Page 47 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 10:25 AM   #461
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

GREAT you are seeing lots of new roach babies now. It just takes some time. How are the temps doing in there now? Did you get it all under control?
Yeah it is getting time for Toby to start filling out. Once his head starts getting wider he will have a more mature look to him.
Is he still eating well?

Tracie

Old 06-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #462
harmonysmom
I can't wait! He's getting restless in his cage again. I took him out for a bit last night before bed. He seemed to be happy with that. ;D

Temps. are under control finally. I'm hoping to keep them that way for some time.

Well, I have LOADS of stuff to do, will check back later!

Old 06-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #463
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Great the temps are under control now.
Toby is still loving getting out huh? That is awesome. I am sure you can't wait to get him put in a larger tank now. He would love that!
It sounds like things are going well for you both.

Tracie

Old 07-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #464
harmonysmom
He's in his bigger tank now. I mean, hopefully I can go WAY bigger in the future, but the one he is in now works perfect. Plenty of room to climb and move about.

The roaches are also doing very well. Lots of babies....and eating like pigs. heh

A couple I threw into his cage have managed to elude him by hiding under his rocks, food dish or logs. *sigh* He'll get them eventually.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:14 AM   #465
leacam
he is so cute....I got one a couple days ago to, the first day I saw him eat a few crickets and he hasnt eaten anything since, what should I do???

Old 07-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #466
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Great there are tons of babies, that is super. So some have hidden under his tank decor, was he able to get them? I hope he doesn't starve.
Oh that is right you did move him to the larger tank. I am sure that one day you will put him in a gigantic tank! LOL

Tracie

Old 07-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #467
Drache613
Hello,

New babies often go through what you call a relocation stress when they are shipped to a new home.
If you would like, we can run over your tank setup to ensure that you have everything all setup properly for him, such as temps, & lighting, etc.

Tracie

Old 07-04-2008, 06:46 AM   #468
leacam
Question

I got my baby bd about a week ago, the first day I saw him eat 2 small crickets, and nothing since. I have tried shredded carrots, meal worms, waxworms and even more crickets, he seems to be sleeping alot. The humidity in my tank is 55 and the temp is 90. If I handle him he sits in my hand then he might start to walk but mostly just sits there with his eyes closed. I am worried that there is something wrong. Any ideas????
Sandy

Old 07-05-2008, 01:11 AM   #469
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

What type & brand of UVB light are you using? How close is it to your dragon & what type of basking light are you using? If there is not enough bright light in the tank, he will be lethargic as well.
What are you using to measure the temps with? A stick on type of thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun? If you are using a stick on type of thermometer, your temps will be off.
You will need to try to get that humidity down to 40% or so, & the basking temps are recommended at 95-110 & the cool end around 78-82. What size of tank are you using?
What type of substrate?
We don't usually recommend mealies very often for babies, as they are too fatty & they can cause impactions as well due to their hard outer shell. The waxies are ok, but only for treats once or so per week. Too much fat can't be digested very well especially by babies.
The best choices for veggies & greens are collard greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens, endive & escarole. A variety of squash, green beans, peas & bell peppers are good for starters, & carrots can be used a few times per week. Fruit should be used sparingly, twice per week. Stay away from citrus though. The best fruits are a variety of berries, papaya & mango.

Tracie

Old 07-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #470
leacam
I ended up taking the baby bd back to where I got him and they said he was sick, they are taking him to the vet and getting him on antibiotics, they gave me a healthy one instead. I hated to switch like that but honestly where it was my first bd I dont know enough on how to care for a sick one from the start. Still learning as I go along. The new one is very active, I got him yesterday and he was running around, ate 4 small crickets and a wax worm. He is very alert. I am going to try to fiure out how to attach a pic. and send it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!