Sneak preview - BoardOfInquiry.com - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #41
Serpwidgets
I'm not sure what your idea is for the site in the long run, but IMO it would probably make sense to not have a rep system there. I would want to see it as a serious business-like atmosphere instead of a social hangout, and the rep points would detract from the serious nature of the board, IMO. If someone comes on to present facts or evidence, I don't think the fact that they just signed up is a big factor in their credibility. That is, you'll have people who have been there for a long time and have gotten lots of rep points, or someone who said something people didn't like and got red-dotted, but how is any of that relevant to the facts of a case?

I would also turn off avatars and signatures. I think all of those things just make it look less like a place where people have serious discussions about matters of business, and it all detracts from the credibility of the place as a whole.

Maybe I'm just seeing it in a different light than everyone else.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:54 PM   #42
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
I'm not sure what your idea is for the site in the long run, but IMO it would probably make sense to not have a rep system there. I would want to see it as a serious business-like atmosphere instead of a social hangout, and the rep points would detract from the serious nature of the board, IMO. If someone comes on to present facts or evidence, I don't think the fact that they just signed up is a big factor in their credibility. That is, you'll have people who have been there for a long time and have gotten lots of rep points, or someone who said something people didn't like and got red-dotted, but how is any of that relevant to the facts of a case?

I would also turn off avatars and signatures. I think all of those things just make it look less like a place where people have serious discussions about matters of business, and it all detracts from the credibility of the place as a whole.

Maybe I'm just seeing it in a different light than everyone else.
Points well taken, Chuck. I already have the signature area turned off, and was ambivalent about the reputation system as well, but turned it on. But I will think about this a little harder. Didn't give much thought about the avatars, but I see your point.

I think I may run the site pretty hardlined to keep the crap from getting in there in the first place from the trolls that are bound to show up there. It's a tough line to walk, however, when you want traffic to build up and really don't want to chase away anyone right off the bat.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:49 PM   #43
DThomas
Looks good and I have no doubt I would utilize the site. I'm also all registered.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #44
Backwoods-Boas
Rich it looks really great, I also registered But do have one question though is there going to be a paid membership, I may of missed it. But anyway It does look great Black/Gold good colors

Old 11-01-2005, 09:07 PM   #45
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods-Boas
Rich it looks really great, I also registered But do have one question though is there going to be a paid membership, I may of missed it. But anyway It does look great Black/Gold good colors
I really can't see any reason for paid memberships at this point. Well I guess it would be nice to put some $$ in my pocket, but honestly, I believe the site has to prove it's worth first. I don't have a clue whether or not it will even survive it's first year, much less be worth anyone paying to be a member there.

I do appreciate people asking to throw money at me, but heck, let me see if this thing even works before thinking about something like that.

But thanks for the thought.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:49 PM   #46
Otter_23
Hopefully it will be a success and if that happens I think that if businesses paid a nominal fee to be BOI certified (kind of like here) you would hopefully make plenty to cover the costs.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:12 AM   #47
ms_terese
I like it.

I agree that it could get hairy when dealing with industries larger than reptile related, but possibly a requirement for new posts that it include a state or region, so that those things could be utilized in a search. If I'm curious about a hotel, I dont' want to go through every listing on Holiday Inn (example).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!