Bad Guy Garret Smith ( Scammer ) - Page 54 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:58 PM   #531
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmexotics View Post
Well apparently I know more than you because I already knew what you didn't. Which is that you didn't need to spend 8k on paperwork. You apparently my found this out after learning your costly 8000$ mistake ( supposedly). I am not actually here to get into a pissing match with you because while it's accurate that I have not exported out of Pakistan it's also quite accurate that you haven't either. Truth is I have never had the desire to export from Pakistan because I never had to, to get the species I wanted.
Jay,
You can go back and fourth with this guy, until next year, and guaranteed you will never get a straight answer out of him to any question you ask, his only response will be, changing the subject, or putting it back on you, or pure BS.

If you noticed, you have imported for a long, long time. His reply, I've been importing for a long, long, long, time myself..

My point, he feels he has to one up who ever comes in contact with him, or start his childish back lashing, name calling, or leaving snide, vulgar comments on your karma.

He's been asked numerous times, by numerous people, he answers by blocking, ignoring, or changing the subject.

It's as simple as, frogman, when are you going to pay Michael, and the other 2 you received $20,500.00 back in January 2015 for Uromastyx?

For those of you thinking he's now handling this in a calm manner, don't be fooled, a leopard never changes his spots.....

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-30-2015, 07:18 PM   #532
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Lynn the truth is it looks like Garrett isn't exporting a shipment from Pakistan into the U.S. it sounds like he is exporting a shipment of Pakistani animals from Europe. So in reality he isn't ever going to.
And Markus already backed up my statement of fact as such. Like I said before I know who Markus is. I have close friends in europe(like brothers) who have dealt with him and he has a good reputation. I have heard nothing bad about him. Some of the issues expressed here regarding him are because of cultural and societal differences. I have dealt with europeans long enough to recognize this. I actually didn't get on here to get into a back and forth with anyone it was purely to set the record straight on the Pakistan export date. But if I am used as a deflection tool and as fodder to show who the big dog on this thread is than I will happily blow the lid off this whole ridiculous issue.
Jay,
We've known each other a long time, I've never known you to be anything but honest.

I've never had any doubt about frogman either, he can't be trusted.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist, to figure this guy out!

He'll be blocking you here pretty soon.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-30-2015, 07:21 PM   #533
schaumda
Quote:
Lynn the truth is it looks like Garrett isn't exporting a shipment from Pakistan into the U.S. it sounds like he is exporting a shipment of Pakistani animals from Europe. So in reality he isn't ever going to.
And Markus already backed up my statement of fact as such. Like I said before I know who Markus is. I have close friends in europe(like brothers) who have dealt with him and he has a good reputation. I have heard nothing bad about him. Some of the issues expressed here regarding him are because of cultural and societal differences. I have dealt with europeans long enough to recognize this. I actually didn't get on here to get into a back and forth with anyone it was purely to set the record straight on the Pakistan export date. But if I am used as a deflection tool and as fodder to show who the big dog on this thread is than I will happily blow the lid off this whole ridiculous issue.
Thanks a lot for the kind words about me.

To clear it up:
The CITES documents from Pakistan only have a validity of 1 month. The progress of checking those CITES documents prior to importing by the German authorities might take longer the one month. And so I would have the Import documents not in time. It might go faster but I doubt it.
Thats why we decided to ship the animals to the US. The import procedure is much faster there. Here, we have to ask for an import CITES document. In the US the shipment gets cleared if the export documents are correct directly at the airport.
So the animals will come to the US directly. Once they are in the US, we will ask for a reexport permit. This is valid long enough to have the import documents issued here.
To summarize: The way will be Pakistan - US - Europe
This decision is just because of the time, issuing of paperwork takes.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:19 AM   #534
spinytail
Mike,
I hope you are doing well man. Normally I stay out of these, but just so you know my wife has Lupus (and Scleroderma overlap) and I understand what you are going through, and that stress is terrible for you. Don't let this guy get to you or lose hope for the hobby you love and the people in it. There are good people here, sometimes not the best at communicating sometimes, but good people.

For Mikes sake, lets follow the lead of those already sticking to the facts and not load this thread up more with name calling and things that will not assist in making Michael satisfied with the deal. I believe Markus is being very helpful, so hopefully we can stop challenging his credibility, I think he has proven that he is one on the other end of the deal we can trust. Anyways, stay strong kid and keep the passion for reptiles.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:23 AM   #535
ElexisC
This has gone on long enough, everyone is running on high emotions, it has also occurred to me that no one has even thought about what is going on in that part of the world right now while they're trying to export animals. I would assume the Pakistani government would be more concerned about the constant bombings from Israel killing many innocent men, women, and children and putting that on priority not to mention the devastating earth quake they just had on the 27th of this month. That country is basically war torn right now and everyone is blaming garret (I do not know him, not sticking up for him in any way) for what very well could be NOT his fault with the state of that country. Back when those other exports came, I'm pretty sure they weren't as heavily attacked as they are now. I have friends that are Pakistani and have seen the devastation and the bodies of those poor kids bombed over land, and everyone is worried about some lizards.

Mike should definitely be made whole. I am not saying he shouldn't be, but take a second to think of WHY this could be taking a long time. If the US was war torn would you expect them to put exporting animals on priority?

Garret I hope you make this right. This has gone on long enough with all the fighting like kids in a school yard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Old 10-31-2015, 03:36 AM   #536
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
This has gone on long enough, everyone is running on high emotions, it has also occurred to me that no one has even thought about what is going on in that part of the world right now while they're trying to export animals. I would assume the Pakistani government would be more concerned about the constant bombings from Israel killing many innocent men, women, and children and putting that on priority not to mention the devastating earth quake they just had on the 27th of this month. That country is basically war torn right now and everyone is blaming garret (I do not know him, not sticking up for him in any way) for what very well could be NOT his fault with the state of that country. Back when those other exports came, I'm pretty sure they weren't as heavily attacked as they are now. I have friends that are Pakistani and have seen the devastation and the bodies of those poor kids bombed over land, and everyone is worried about some lizards.

Mike should definitely be made whole. I am not saying he shouldn't be, but take a second to think of WHY this could be taking a long time. If the US was war torn would you expect them to put exporting animals on priority?

Garret I hope you make this right. This has gone on long enough with all the fighting like kids in a school yard.

Do you mean Palestine? I admit I have not checked the news in close to forever, but....

Old 10-31-2015, 03:38 AM   #537
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Do you mean Palestine? I admit I have not checked the news in close to forever, but....
Sorry, yes Palestine is the one under attack, I got them confused. My bad, but even when I looked up Pakistan real quick it showed they did just have a bad earthquake.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:40 AM   #538
ElexisC
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34636269

Old 10-31-2015, 03:44 AM   #539
ElexisC
Again I apologize for that confusion. It's very late, very tired but can't seem to fall asleep. Usually read the boi till I can, I am actually embarrassed I could make such a big mistake like that.

Either way I hope Mike is made whole and those animals come in and he's happy with the replacements. Now that there have been calm level heads it seems it is progressing in that direction, I think everyone needs to stop the antagonizing, name calling, etc and let this deal be done.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:45 AM   #540
nickolasanastasiou
It happens.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!