Critical bill Appreciation Thread. :) - Page 55 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #541
StrictlyExotics
The last pic seems like it would be Chuck at his finest.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #542
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
That last pic is classic!
Amen brother. Man, I really wish we had met. We would have hit it off.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #543
WiseReptiles
awww... its great to put a face to the name... man he looks like a hard @ss.....

Old 03-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #544
Gary O
Dave the coolest thing is that we did know him. I have a funning feeling he was one of them guys that was the same in person. Straight forward tell it like it is. A friend that would never turn his back on you but if you messed up he would be the first to tell you.

I said it before and I will say it again. If more people were like Chuck this world would be better for it.

There are so many people in these threads talking about how Chuck touch their lives. Some of these people might not even know each other some might not even get along. Just shows that Chuck reached out to everyone. He did not cause drama...... He ended it. Because he had a way of saying things where you could not argue the point. But if you needed help getting back up after falling he was there.

In my years here at fauna I do not post much as you can see under 2K posts. But I am around. I owned my own forum. I have been to many. I do not see many people that did what Chuck did. Just look at this everyone. Really sit back and look. He did not try he DID. If we were more like him..... Nothing could shut down the reptile hobby. He did something special for so many people. Like I said he did not try to he was just him.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:56 PM   #545
Tiger Lilly
Maggie, Annie, Angelina & Charles, Jr.,
The last few days have been terrible for you, I know. The next few will be worse; this I know too. It is my sincere prayer that God brings you through this. Grieve now, as you should. Take comfort in the fact that your husband and father has touched so many lives, making so many of us laugh until we cried. He also had the uncanny ability to call it like he saw it (and be right), saving other people the hassle of trying to recoup from being scammed by nere-do-wells. He was awesome and will long be remembered on this forum.
The tears you cry, now and in the future, serve as a testament to what a great husband, father and friend he was. Cherish your memories of him and they will get you through rough times.
Although I wish I'd had the privilege of meeting him, I am honored to have been among his forum 'friends.'
I hope this saying helps in some small way:
"A man remembered never dies."
R.I.P. Chuck "Critical Bill" Kimmel.

ps--he looks just like i pictured him, especially in the 2nd photo!

Old 03-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #546
HopingForBabies
Sorry to hear of his passing. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #547
monkeywrench133
Maggie, I'd like to offer my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Chuck will be greatly missed.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:43 PM   #548
Herpster
Sorry I haven't posted - been really tough. I had to go and pick up his ashes yesterday and the girls are having a very hard time right now. I got an urn that has 3 dolphins on top it, thought it was just perfect.

Thanks again to all of you for the well wishes, etc. I really appreciate how much you cared for him.

I hope you and your families are doing well.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #549
Helenthereef
Hi Maggie,

Glad to have you back, I was hoping that you weren't just going away from the forum.... It's a hard time picking up ashes (I had to do it my mother a few month ago), but I found it helped emotionally, I hope it does you too.

There's been a nice tribute to Chuck that I don't know if you're aware of: the cookery thread he started has been renamed "Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking" Kitchen. It's great way to keep him in our minds, hope it makes you smile a little at this difficult time.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=919

Old 03-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #550
LauraB
Thank you so much, Maggie, for taking the time to keep us informed.

I know my words are empty; your (and your family's) grief is so enveloping, the void so great and the strength so hard to find. It does get better over time - I know.

I have two little urns in my bedroom. One is from my time in Florida (2005), it also has a little dolphin and abalone decoration, believe it or not. It's lovely and comforting. And it will get better. Much love to you and the girls.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!