BOI Ultimanium - What do you think? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: What should happen to the BOI?
Let it die. Remove everything and just let it go. 18 14.52%
Sell it and hope the new owner doesn't disband or edit it. 22 17.74%
Leave it open to view & post to Contributors only. 84 67.74%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #51
MedusaCoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
What would happen to those donations if Rich were to decide that he wanted to drop the BOI forum for any reason?

Would he be obligated to keep the BOI forum if he accepted donations specifically to "help keep the BOI alive."???

Maybe it would be better to keep the BOI supported my memberships to the site as a whole. That way should Rich decide at any time, for any reason, to let the BOI die, no one will be able to say "what about my donation?" As long as the site remains, they can continue to be members.

Of course there would still be some that said they only became contributing members to keep the BOI alive, but there would be no ground for a refund.
If that scenario played out, I wouldn't have a problem with that money transferring over to support Fauna, but hey, that's just me!

Great Idea Stephanie! I would do that too!

Wayne

Old 07-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #52
Twizted Paths
Crap. I wander off for a bit and this is what I come back to.

I'm a laid off single parent and I managed to pony up. It's just $25 dollars, look at the money we spend on/for our herps and the failure to contribute is just more pathetic.

To those who think the BOI is ineffective -

The BOI saved me from bad choices more than once, potentially saving my entire collection. At the very least it saved me a ton of vet bills, because I am the type of idiot that will spend an arm and leg fixing a sick animal rather than send it back. I'm also paranoid enough to have tests run on the rest of my collection despite quarantine just to be safe.

It's also helped me when I've had problems because I could see how the seller handled issues in the past so I was much calmer when I dealt with them.

If it goes I will be limited to only dealing with people I already know or closing my collection. I may as well close it since there's only a few people left I already trust enough that I haven't purchased from yet.

It's not ineffective to me, it's invaluable. If it goes away I will be sad and angry every single time I want to check somebody and can't.

I understand why it might have to go but I don't like it.

Even if it goes today I wouldn't regret contributing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
board of inquiry