St Roberts Show - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 09-04-2004, 10:22 PM   #51
Feisty78
I see there is another Show in St Robert. Mo in October.
I haven't noticed any thing as far as advertising being done this time. Last show I saw Information on a few cars and other places throughout town.

Is there going to be a Show?

If so how many vendors can we expect to see this time?

I really enjoy the shows in St. Robert. It's nice to have something in this area like that.

Old 09-05-2004, 02:31 AM   #52
Inside Out
Well all I can tell you is that the building has been reserved. As far as vendors who knows.
I know the Herp Society isn't planning on helping out like they have in the past. Thats not a rumor btw as it's comming from the Vice President of the Club.

Old 09-05-2004, 01:42 PM   #53
Princesskelleye
Why is it that.......?

Just a quick question as to why the Herp Societys never do help out??? What is the big issue?......... I have been wondering this for awhile and have never asked it yet!
THanks, Princesskelleye

Old 09-05-2004, 05:15 PM   #54
sage1970
As a member of the Tri County Herp Society, let me say that we did help out alot with the previous show located in St Robert. The reason we did this is that we were asked if we wanted to help by one of the promoters of the show, Big Jim.

This show is being ran by the Comptons mainly and we have not been contacted in any way about helping out with the show coming up. As they are in charge of all advertising, I would think they would contact us if they were interested in our helping out. Even if they would contact us at this late of a date, we have a lot of commitments already planned for the Society. We are a small Society at this point, and while steadily growing stronger, we do not have enough people to be able to just jump in at any time.

At the previous show we did not have to "rent" the kitchen or pay for a table at the expo. These additional costs make it hard for the Society to be able to be present at the show. While we would all love to be able to do things out of the goodness of our hearts, lets be honest, if it isn't going to benifit the club to help out in some small way even, why should we bust our butts like we did last time?!

This may not be the opinion of the other Tri County Herp Society members, but it is mine. Please don't hold any of the other members liable for what I have said.

Thank you,

Paula

Old 09-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #55
sychoram
Re: Why is it that.......?

Quote:
Originally posted by Princesskelleye
Just a quick question as to why the Herp Societys never do help out??? What is the big issue?......... I have been wondering this for awhile and have never asked it yet!
THanks, Princesskelleye
A lot of times the Herp Societies find themselves at odds with the promoters of a show or even worse are competition with them. You wouldn't expect Pet Co to help Petsmart would you?? In St Robert we have a unique situation, the members of the herp soc have in the past been excited about helping with this show, I know the put many hours of work into the previous two shows. I owe them a debt of gratitude that cannot be measured. They have been the extra legs and hands that I needed to fulfill my obligation.

As for the present show, I dunno what's going to happen. I am still waiting for a vendor list from the other promoter so we can update the web site, soon as I recieve it we'll get a vendors list up and running again.

Big Jim

Old 09-06-2004, 04:37 PM   #56
Inside Out
Nicely Put

Quote:
Originally posted by sage1970
As a member of the Tri County Herp Society, let me say that we did help out alot with the previous show located in St Robert. The reason we did this is that we were asked if we wanted to help by one of the promoters of the show, Big Jim.

This show is being ran by the Comptons mainly and we have not been contacted in any way about helping out with the show coming up. As they are in charge of all advertising, I would think they would contact us if they were interested in our helping out. Even if they would contact us at this late of a date, we have a lot of commitments already planned for the Society. We are a small Society at this point, and while steadily growing stronger, we do not have enough people to be able to just jump in at any time.

At the previous show we did not have to "rent" the kitchen or pay for a table at the expo. These additional costs make it hard for the Society to be able to be present at the show. While we would all love to be able to do things out of the goodness of our hearts, lets be honest, if it isn't going to benifit the club to help out in some small way even, why should we bust our butts like we did last time?!

This may not be the opinion of the other Tri County Herp Society members, but it is mine. Please don't hold any of the other members liable for what I have said.

Thank you,

Paula

Old 09-07-2004, 08:53 PM   #57
sychoram
So I am told today that this show is even more up in the air. It seems the Comptons have sold their half off to some mysterious person. Hopefully now we can get this moving along and get some vendors and restore this show to the way it is supposed to be.

Big Jim

Old 09-09-2004, 06:14 AM   #58
Feisty78
So when will we know what happens to the show?

Old 09-20-2004, 01:54 AM   #59
sychoram
I do not know, but as soon as i do know something, I'll let everyone know.

Big Jim

Old 09-20-2004, 09:31 PM   #60
sychoram
Seems to me the show is on this is the email I got from my soon to be x partner's husband

Jim, as you stated, your job is to do my grunt work for the show. As the primary organizer, please consider this a formal notice that the show will be held on october 24. DO NOT cancel the room. We are working the fine details of the sell of the show to Mike Garrett. As a side note, I am concerned for the stunt you are trying to pull on the saturday before the show. Do you honestly think this will work? I noticed in the herp meeting notes that you opposed the show on saturday before ours. Is this true? Who is reptile works?

Bryan Compton
Hellebusch Tool & Die
Washington, MO 63090
636.239.2893 (fax)
compton@htdinc.com

Atleast now we can go out and get some vendors so there will actually be a show. Finally someone willing to do the work required to actually promote a show

Big Jim

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!