Wow! with pics - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #61
StrictlyExotics
Thank you all for the support, thoughts, and prayers. Without Fauna and the capability of being able to vent on here about the situation, I dont know how I would have been able to hold up. I am taking a little break today from the clean-up as well as a break from my parents. Being that its raining cats and dogs, and probably some of my snakes somewhere, I need it. I am physically, emotionally, and mentally drained all at once. Without all of you, I dont think I could have handled it this well.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #62
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Thank you all for the support, thoughts, and prayers. Without Fauna and the capability of being able to vent on here about the situation, I dont know how I would have been able to hold up. I am taking a little break today from the clean-up as well as a break from my parents. Being that its raining cats and dogs, and probably some of my snakes somewhere, I need it. I am physically, emotionally, and mentally drained all at once. Without all of you, I dont think I could have handled it this well.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
We <3 you dean, we'll (or at least I know I will) be here for you when you need us.

If I may make a sugestion? Go watch a movie with your wife. Watch a comedy or something to take your mind off everything.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #63
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
We <3 you dean, we'll (or at least I know I will) be here for you when you need us.

If I may make a sugestion? Go watch a movie with your wife. Watch a comedy or something to take your mind off everything.
Actually, I am just going to lose myself in a nap, a game, and whats left of my animals for a little bit today. My parents utilities are back on as of 30 minutes ago so now, they can actually use the toilet and have some lights.

My mom called me and asked me why the TV wasnt working and I had to explain to her that she no longer had satellite. She then proceeded to tell me how the bill is not late. I then told her "no, you dont have a satellite because you barely have a roof. The satellite is gone."

Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #64
Iguanachic
I am so sorry about your losses and I am envious of your ability to keep positive. I wish you and your family the best.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #65
Dawn Zimmerman
Glad your parents have their utilities back... I think that not having a working toilet has got to be the worst! I will continue to pray for you and your family, your snakes and your parent's neighbors. Is that the neighbors' car half buried under their garage? Yikes!

Old 05-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #66
TailsWithScales
Oh how heartbreaking on all fronts! Sorry for the losses on the structures but the animals. Hugs to you and family. Great that you all are ok though.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #67
R. Eventide
Sorry for being late, as I don't read this forum much....

But my goodness! I'm so sorry! I'm grateful everyone is okay, for sure, but despite that that's the important thing, I'd still be mourning the loss of everything else, especially the snakes. (I'm almost in tears right now just thinking about it!) It's hard to see the damage in those pictures...and then see that one house in the background that was left untouched. I know tornadoes have a "small" damage radius (using "small" loosely considering some tornadoes can be a mile wide), but...man....

I lived in Indiana for 22 years. We're just off the extreme edge of Tornado Alley, so we had our fair share of tornado warnings and close calls. Tornadoes still haunt me in my nightmares, sometimes.

I'll be keeping you, your family, and anyone else affected by the tornado in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything from any of us, please let us know! (I have a Lesser x Normal clutch hatching in a few weeks if you want a few babies to replace some of the ones you lost. Completely free, of course.)

Old 05-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #68
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Zimmerman View Post
Glad your parents have their utilities back... I think that not having a working toilet has got to be the worst! I will continue to pray for you and your family, your snakes and your parent's neighbors. Is that the neighbors' car half buried under their garage? Yikes!
Dawn,

Yes it is. Sad thing is, it doesnt show the completely restored Mustang Fastback that they had in there. But, the neighbors are doing fine too. I was really excited when I saw their pure white German Shepherd come out first during the televised rescue. It gave me hope when I could not get ahold of my parents.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #69
StrictlyExotics
Please everyone...

No more offers on free snakes, donations, etc... I love ALL of you for the thoughts, prayers, concerns, really I do. I never posted this thread with the thought or idea that it would generate those types of feelings. I am having a hard time right now coping with the animal loss once again because of mother nature and the offers arent helping... LoL

I will get through this on my own and on my time, I always do. I will replace what I lost as I cant ever leave the hobby even though I have tried a few times because of instances like this, ie 1994 earthquake in Northridge when I lost my first collection.

I will pull through and I will be looking at all of you to buy animals from in the near future to replace what I lost with bigger and better animals. Right now, I just need to get my bearings straight before I look that far ahead.

Thank you all for making my life a little easier the past few days.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #70
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Please everyone...

No more offers on free snakes, donations, etc... I love ALL of you for the thoughts, prayers, concerns, really I do. I never posted this thread with the thought or idea that it would generate those types of feelings. I am having a hard time right now coping with the animal loss once again because of mother nature and the offers arent helping... LoL

I will get through this on my own and on my time, I always do. I will replace what I lost as I cant ever leave the hobby even though I have tried a few times because of instances like this, ie 1994 earthquake in Northridge when I lost my first collection.

I will pull through and I will be looking at all of you to buy animals from in the near future to replace what I lost with bigger and better animals. Right now, I just need to get my bearings straight before I look that far ahead.

Thank you all for making my life a little easier the past few days.
Damn Dean, natural disasters seem to follow you. And I thought I had bad luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!