Recent things that are really annoying... - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #71
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Incorrect lesson. Gay people can, and often do, have children,(we talk of people having children, we do not often use the verb breed to refer to people) just not with each other. They pass along genetic material to their children just as we all do.
That was taken out of context. If you read the whole message I say they can not breed without the assistance of the opposite sex. Males can not bare children, but they can adopt, or have a segregate mother. Women can bare a child, but they need the help of a male - even if it's only in cup form. There is no technology that allows for a homosexual couple to produce a child using the genes of both partners.

And I do mean to use the word breed, but you can use procreate if you like. It means the same thing really. Never ever has there been a child created from homosexual sex. There never will be when humans are concerned, unless science makes some leaps and bounds.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:39 PM   #72
Rebel Dragons
You know Dennis, I honestly respect your opinions on this topic, just as I respect everyone else's opinions. You and I differ in our opinions and you explained some of what made you form your opinions. I in turn will explain why I have developed mine.

I Dennis am a 26 yr old GAY male. I am the oldest of five children 3 boys 2 girls (none of my siblings are homosexual). I seem to be the only one in my immediate family. My mother is the oldest of five children 1 girl 5 boys. She does have 2 homosexual brothers. My father is the oldest of 2 children 1 boy 1 girl. His sister had 2 children both boys and one of them is homosexual. The reason I give this bit of family history is to show you that I am not the only one. And to express to you my belief that it "may" possibly be a genetic trait other than a genetic abnormality. I personally did not choose to be gay. I have known I was "diffrent" since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I do know that there are people out there that choose to live an alternative lifestyle but I for one did not have that choice.
You described a very disturbing childhood that seemed to have formed your opinion of homosexuals. I am sorry that you witnessed what you did but I do hope you realize that not all homosexuals operate in that way. I will say however that you are more likely to encounter such activities in large urban areas. Just as you will encounter more crime, murders, rapes, thefts, prostitution and so on.
Before judging me let me say this. I certainly have never molested anyone. Never was molested, was never propositioned by someone and have never propositioned anyone else. I was raised with many of the same values you and many others were. I have been in one relationship in my life and it lasted 7 years. I believe in god and I am catholic. I have heard the "your going to hell" line many times. I for one do not believe I am going to hell simply because I was created in gods image just as everyone else was. I refuse to believe that god would have created a situation that would condemn people straight to hell with no way to prevent it. That is just my personal belief. If I am correct remains to be seen.
I did not have it easy growing up either. You described many situations that soured your opinions of homosexuals. I see things from the flip side. I have been harassed, called names and general had my life made a living hell by "straight" people. People did not even know I was gay but just because I didn't talk about girls and didn't have a girlfriend and talk about pussy all the time I was pegged as being a "fag". Luckily I was fortunate enough to have been bigger than most everyone else. Even today I am 6' 230lbs. That way I was never physically attacked. Although I saw more than my fair share of others being beat up because people thought they might be "gay". You went to school Dennis. You know just as well I as do that kids don't need proof just an indication of it.
I honestly don't know why I wrote all this but at this point I really could care less. I lived in the shadows for 19 years of my life and refuse to do so now. Many people on this site already knew I was gay. Many did not. I may be shunned and outcast by many members on this site because I am gay. I honestly don't care if I am. But I do know this. I certainly do not regret what I wrote and what I am. If one person reads what I wrote and takes a look at there own life then I have made a difference. And that for me is worth more than selling any number of dragons.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #73
A_Kendergirl
Thanks for the post Mike (I can't give you anymore rep points right now...lol). I can't say I know what it's like to have been in your shoes, but I know a lot of people who do. It is VERY tough, and sometimes people just don't think about how their actions can really hurt someone else.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #74
Rebel Dragons
I simply hope that a few people will take the time to think of how it is for someone else. Every situation in life has 2 paths. Some people are just to involved on the path they are on to turn around a take a look in the other direction.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:33 PM   #75
ms_terese
Dennis, I have no reason to doubt the recounting of your experiences that have brought you to this opinion of homosexuality. I can't comprehend a child experiencing such things and not having an adult to go to for reassurance and protection. If this went on for 2 years, apparently the adults in your life didn't show much involvement in what you were doing. You must also have spent an inordinate amount of time in areas that were full of the criminal (in your case, pedophile) element.

Children don't have emotional or psychological filters. That's why responsible parents protect them from things that are inappropriate for their age (sexual situations, violence, gore, etc.). I think that you may have been traumatized by your experience and never gotten past that psychologically. I can only imagine that there were other events in your childhood that you probably should not have been exposed to as well. You may actually want to spend some time with a therapist working through the traumatic events of your childhood.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:49 PM   #76
hill4803
What is with all this talk about Gay people? What is wrong with some of you? If it weren't for gay people everyone would have bad haircuts, girls would throw like ...girls, and I wouldn't have the best brothers (yeah I got 2 of 'em!)ever put on this earth!
I am more pissed about hurricane Katrina! I'll bet God is punishing New Orleans because I didn't get hardly any beads at Mardi Gras in 1995...and I flashed EVERYONE!!! Ah, good times! I sure hope they get that mess cleaned up soon...

Old 09-11-2005, 10:30 PM   #77
Dennis1
Deleted

Old 09-11-2005, 10:52 PM   #78
Dennis1
Deleted

Old 09-11-2005, 10:54 PM   #79
Dennis1
Deleted

Old 09-11-2005, 11:02 PM   #80
Dennis1
Deleted

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread