ShipYourReptiles.com - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #81
Masonexotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
This further illustrates my point. Contacting UPS rather than using the information provided by the company shows no forethought at all. All this is going to do is give UPS the impression that SYR is more trouble than they are worth.

As of yet, I have not been satisfied with SYR's ability to guarantee a problem free snake shipment, so I will not use them at this time. I will not, however, bug UPS about what kind of paperwork SYR does or does not have. If they have a waiver and UPS does not want it to be made public at this time, why the HELL would they tell ME about it???

To be fair to her (and others) what choice have SYR given them? They won't answers the question openly and honestly so where else can they go?

This isn't about SYR or even UPS, it's about people having genuine concern for the welfare of the animals they are shipping. Which is fair enough IMO.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #82
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonexotics View Post
To be fair to her (and others) what choice have SYR given them? They won't answers the question openly and honestly so where else can they go?

This isn't about SYR or even UPS, it's about people having genuine concern for the welfare of the animals they are shipping. Which is fair enough IMO.
That is some good stuff right there. Well put.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #83
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
I would imagine if UPS isn't telling any one, flagging the account as "OK" to ship snakes or informing any of it's employees, then how would the people at UPS customer service be able to say "Yes. They have and account here and are allowed to ship snakes." ? They can not give any information on any account due to privacy act laws. Legally the most any one can say is "Yes that company has an account here." and that may even be pushing legal boundaries.
I believe they could say, "Although we can't comment on that particular account, some companies have received waivers to our standard policy. You will need to contact those companies directly to ask about rules for using their services."

Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #84
Mooing Tricycle
Does anyone live near the shop? maybe someone that all who are skeptical trust, will ask robyn if it is OK to see the letter IN PERSON. Robyn, would that be something you are willing to tolerate? I realize you cannot show it online, and i understand, but to ease the mind of some of the people who are skeptical, i think this would be a good, safe option for you. *shrugs* Just a thought.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #85
Darcpixie
How are we supposed to trust them to use their services if we are unable to receive clarification as to the account we would be USING to SHIP?!? If we were just on the receiving end, it would make sense, but considering that the entire premise is that you sign up and USE THEIR ACCOUNT to make your shipments, at what point are we just supposed to blindly believe them?

What is the point of having a secret waiver that circumvents posted policy if no one knows about it?

Either they need to provide us with a contact for UPS employees to verify their shipping policies, or work with them to get the restriction removed. This is just too risky for everyone involved. While I expect that it works wonderfully for things that are allowed under normal shipping rules.... this does not seem acceptable.

Robyn, I hate to say it, but so far your responses both here and on cornsnakes.com have made me LESS, not more, inclined to use your services.

Given the number of people that have responded with requests for answers to the same questions TME posed, I would have thought that any sort of personal animosity would be tossed out the window given the additional requests for information. This has not happened yet.

I look forward to your response pertaining to VERIFICATION of an exemption to SHIP SNAKES through SYR.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #86
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Mike, I'm not arguing with you about it. I understand your point. Becky's probably 100% right that they can't provide detailed information on an account for legal reasons...However, one person from UPS did specifically say that the account a SYR tracking label was created from did not have permission to ship snakes and the label would be refused.

Going to UPS about it isn't helping the situation...But neither is going to SYR...
Those kinds of responses could also very well be a cookie cutter response that NO accounts can ship snakes. Customer service people are IDIOTS 80% of the time about this stuff IMHO. I call customer service many times and multiple times and no matter what, i get different responses EVERY TIME.

Heck ive gotten different responses about a LOST SHIPMENT. I had snakes that went to florida for a day.... after three or four different calls, two could not find it at all. and one said it was ON ITS WAY. she LIED. the last time i called, i was absolutely furious, they found out it went to florida!! I have no doubts that these people have no clue at all, when it sounds like Robyn is dealing with higher up's with this whole UPS shipping deal. why WOULD they give people that info? Come on.... seriously.

Seriously people need to freakin back off and do this in PERSON. How about someone go to the pro exotics store and talk to Robyn IN PERSON.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #87
brandonsthaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post

Seriously people need to freakin back off and do this in PERSON. How about someone go to the pro exotics store and talk to Robyn IN PERSON.
I respectfully disagree.

This is an internet based company we're talking about. If I can use their service without a face to face, they should be able to handle issues via the internet or phone.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #88
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonsthaman View Post
I respectfully disagree.

This is an internet based company we're talking about. If I can use their service without a face to face, they should be able to handle issues via the internet or phone.
There is a physical store as well.
http://proexotics.com/retail_store.html its not a GENERAL retail store, but they are open on saturdays for people.

They CANNOT post it online. so the next route is to go in person. Makes perfect sense to me.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #89
brandonsthaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
There is a physical store as well.
http://proexotics.com/retail_store.html its not a GENERAL retail store, but they are open on saturdays for people.

They CANNOT post it online. so the next route is to go in person. Makes perfect sense to me.
I think you missed my point. SYR is in internet based store, there is no SYR retail building. They may be owned or affiliated with another company that does but that doesn't really matter. What I'm saying is that there are several people who have concerns about this service, and they should be able to be addressed without sending someone to do a F2F...

Old 04-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #90
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonsthaman View Post
I think you missed my point. SYR is in internet based store, there is no SYR retail building. They may be owned or affiliated with another company that does but that doesn't really matter. What I'm saying is that there are several people who have concerns about this service, and they should be able to be addressed without sending someone to do a F2F...
No, i didnt miss it at all. I just think its fairly silly... and unreasonable when its a fact that it cannot be posted online, and there is an obvious alternative IF Robyn is agreeable. Im sure the reps that Robyn is dealing with do not want to have their phones ringing off the hook to answer a question that can be answered by robyn, if people would just cool it.

They obviously cannot be handled online in this manner, while i really do understand peoples concerns, at the same time... I have to look at it from the other side as well. And i think the demands on that aspect (more how things are being gone about), are going to get you guys nowhere.

Speaking to people in private, and not causing an uproar ( which WILL make UPS rethink things if they want to keep this quiet for now and not deal with the drama....) and being polite helps. Being nosey and having several different people calling UPS about this and BRINGING it to the spotlight in this manner, when the other UPS employees dont know about it... is not the RIGHT way to go about it.

Speak to Robyn in private. Ask politely if you can see the document in person. maybe ONE person who everyone trusts? I hope that that is agreeable to Robyn, so that people will back off a bit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
shipping, shipyourreptiles, shipyourreptiles.com, syr, ups