Sandfire Dragon Ranch - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #81
draggintails
The lab I used for my EM testing was University of IL and the lab I used for my fecal PCR testing was University of FL.

The girl needs someone to help her, she needs a lab to send the blood to, her dragon has to be tested. If you know of a lab that does a blood test, why would this information be withheld? For what purpose would this be withheld?

Above are the labs I used, I am sorry this does not help you. I do not have any answers for you. I would help anyone I could if I had information...I don't understand why someone would withhold information on which lab was used.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #82
shrap
Kevin,

Bobby Hill told me on the phone last night that Kevin stated to him personally that he "has it in his colony so there is no need for him to test". Because he already KNOWS IT. All the big breeders have it and they know it.

To Denise, if you got a blood test done that ID's Adeno then share what lab is doing the procedure. For no other reason than it is the RIGHT thing to do.

With that being said, I am out of this. Just spending the last two days researching to get my daughter a pet beardie has left me feeling dirty and disgusted with the entire beardie industry. I want nothing to do with it.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #83
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Kevin,

Bobby Hill told me on the phone last night that Kevin stated to him personally that he "has it in his colony so there is no need for him to test". Because he already KNOWS IT. All the big breeders have it and they know it.

To Denise, if you got a blood test done that ID's Adeno then share what lab is doing the procedure. For no other reason than it is the RIGHT thing to do.

With that being said, I am out of this. Just spending the last two days researching to get my daughter a pet beardie has left me feeling dirty and disgusted with the entire beardie industry. I want nothing to do with it.
That is correct Sammy. He also said it in his post:

Quote:
it is very likely that all bearded dragons have been exposed to Adenovirus, at some point, long before we even knew what it was.
This is his opinion, is he right, I don't know. He does feel that all beardies have been exposed, therefore testing would be useless. I will say he knows much more about these animals then me.

However, I am not saying that anyone should not test.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #84
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Tere, to back her false claims of testing by way of PCR Blood swab testing by Dr. Jacobson at the University of Florida .
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisebme
I actually had this question too when I decided to use PCR testing. The testing we did was not blood specific, but also required a cloacal swab to test for shed. I was told that the blood tests alone will pick up any trace of Adeno, not just the virus that is specific to bearded dragons and can be spread. The swab is used to confirm the test is beardie specific if the blood shows positive results.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #85
Dennis Hultman
Posted on
02-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Quote:
I actually had this question too when I decided to use PCR testing. The testing we did was not blood specific, but also required a cloacal swab to test for shed. I was told that the blood tests alone will pick up any trace of Adeno, not just the virus that is specific to bearded dragons and can be spread. The swab is used to confirm the test is beardie specific if the blood shows positive results.
I would also caution anyone choosing to test through their vets instead of through Dr. Jacobson of the University of Ill to ask a lot of questions beforehand to make sure that the lab your vet uses can accurately test for this virus.
02-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Quote:
I Ooops, I meant to say Dr. Jacobson OR the University of Ill. My understanding is that Dr. Jacobsons at the University of Florida is performing the PCR tests, and the University of Il is performing the Fecal EM tests.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #86
varnyard
Quote:
The PCR testing has to be done through your vet, if they have the testing avaliable, or you can contact Dr. Jacobson for a kit to take to your vet for the swab and the draw(Its a blood test).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisebmeI didn't want to wait weeks for the test results, and I didn't want to second guess the results, so I went for the more sensative test, and that is PCR. I also found that here in California, its much easier to find someone who can accurately handle the PCR test.
I know that for most people, cost is a big issue. It was for me, I had 15 dragons I needed to test as quickly as possible. The fecal testing is less expensive. My concern was accuracy.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #87
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisebme:
All the dragons currently in my home have tested negative both on Fecal EM and PCR testing.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #88
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
As usual Ed, you are on the ball man..... Kevin from Sandfire already said his colony is infected.
Sammy, please show me where Kevin Dunn says that the Dragons at Sandfire Dragon Ranch have been tested and are 100% without a doubt infected with this virus. I may have missed something here and if I did I would like to be corrected.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #89
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Sammy, please show me where Kevin Dunn says that the Dragons at Sandfire Dragon Ranch have been tested and are 100% without a doubt infected with this virus. I may have missed something here and if I did I would like to be corrected.
Ed, Kevin said it is very likely that all bearded dragons have been exposed to Adenovirus, at some point, long before we even knew what it was.

The fact is, there are only two breeders that claim they do not have this virus (that I know of). One is Denise, the other has just been proven on another site to be lying about testing. The doctor she claims done her testing just posted she has not tested her dragons.

http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...er=asc&start=0

So that makes it only one now, that would be Denise.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #90
Ed Clark
Bobby, I know what Kevin said about it and it seems like just about everyone is in agreement about the fact that every Dragon could be a carrier. the tests just dont seem to be up to speed yet with this virus and there is alot of uncertainty. some are trying to put the blame on others with out no SOLID proof. the way the tests are Im not sure they can prove with out a show of a doubt if a Dragon is infected or not

This reminds me alot like when coccidia popped up in Dragons in the 1990's and people were trying to put the blame on someone when it was wide spread and no one was testing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!