Pet store robbery and Daytona show - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 08-13-2002, 11:21 AM   #81
HerpVenue
Just for the record.....
DAVE
started this thread because he did not like tha fact that someone discussed the reptile world with the media.....

But now we have this from that same person
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just to keep you honest I will give a copy of it to the channel 13 reporter that will be here today,</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Hey Dave,

does this mean I should start a thread about you?
Because you are ALSO bringing the reptile world into the media spotlight.

Old 08-13-2002, 11:31 AM   #82
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Okay, I don't have the quote thing right, so I just copied and pasted this...

I'm just glad to see that a lot of other people are finally starting to see the light! EVERY store owner in the Tampa area knows exactly what the story is around here, and we also have very strong feelings about who is actually responsible for this rash of burglaries...we just can't prove it...YET! ....Neil

THat was the first that Neil mentioned that several store owners had a theory who was responsible. &nbsp;Your name was not mentioned nor was it even implied that you were involved. &nbsp;But you were sure quick to defend yourself. &nbsp;AND you were first to throw Neil's name into the pot. &nbsp;

And I just finished reading through this entire thread and found no explanation of the albino burm and albino boa other than what you mentioned on page 7 about looking for a large one. &nbsp;Looking for a 16' burm and trying to sell a 13' one are awefully different, but it seems like more than one person say you were trying to sell one, and you are the only one saying you were looking for one. &nbsp;That seems like a diversionary tactic, at least to me. &nbsp;Also, you left out the albino boa completely. &nbsp;There is no problem with you selling the burm and boa, just show something stating where they came from, a receipt for instance. &nbsp;Again, I am not accusing you Dave, but you just seem to be making yourself look bad.

Just a note, the green truck has been brought up now and again, but nothing has been said about it. &nbsp;Who do we know in Tampa with a green truck? &nbsp;And was a green truck even ACTUALLY involved?

Old 08-13-2002, 11:32 AM   #83
Darin Chappell
I'm sorry that Peg's shop was burglarized. &nbsp;I think the idea about the timing having to do with the presence of more animals due to the season rather than with the timing of the show has some serious validity to it. &nbsp;I hope the crooks are captured, beaten about the head and shoulders thoroughly, and prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

The rest of this thread? &nbsp;Needs to be deleted for lack of substance, as far as I'm concerned.

I have begun to write no less than three separate posts to this thread and then deleted them before they were posted, because I was trying to stay out of the fray. &nbsp;However, the way this has gone in the last few pages, I have to say something or I'll just bust wide open!

The two protagonists that have been and continue to be involved with one another in this mudfest are up to their old tricks. &nbsp;One accuses without evidence and the other responds with more, equally unsubstantiated claims of culpability (I'll let you decide which one is which, they're really interchangeable in my opinion).

What this ALL boils down to is a bunch of he said/ he and she said argumentaion with ABSOLUTELY no facts being offered with proof of ANY kind! &nbsp;I couldn't even begin to care less who started it or who is right in this particular round of the never ending battle between these two. &nbsp;Choosing sides here isn't the lesser of two evils, it's the evil of two lessers in my judgment.

Old 08-13-2002, 11:41 AM   #84
Darin Chappell
Excellent point Ritchie!

That particular protagonist (I can't even bring myself to type their names anymore) has accomplished the very same negative branding of "the industry" by pointing out the (supposed) dishonesty of Peg. &nbsp;This is the very same thing he accused her of doing in the first pace!

How silly is this whole merry-go-round from the underworld, anyway?

Old 08-13-2002, 11:50 AM   #85
Neil Gubitz
OK, Dave...you want PROOF? Fine!
I just got off the phone with Joe (another pet shop owner in Tampa)...and I KNOW Dave knows JUST who I'm talking about!
You're going to tell us that you DIDN'T call Joe and ask him if he wanted to buy a 14' ABP and an Albino Boa about 3-4 feet long?? If any of you want to know whom I'm talking about, e-mail me and I'll give you his name and phone number so you can call him and find out for yourself! Joe just doesn't want me to put his last name or business name on here (for obvious reasons). THEN, when one of the other pet store owners called one of his friends to see if you would sell it to him...you, all of a sudden, changed your story and told this guy that the ABP was only 9' and very sick AND the Albino Boa was still in Georgia? You really think he believed you? Go ahead, Dave...tell me I'm lying! See...it's NOT only me who knows what you are! And IF Julie (remember her?) ever got the guts to come out of hiding...I'm SURE she could BLOW YOU OUT OF THE WATER!! Do yourself (and us) a favor and get out of the business and leave it to the HONEST people!
Now...how bout answering the snake questions FOR REAL this time! Let's see how you "spin" this?
I'm wondering if Tom (the owner of Amazon) even knows any of this? I see your truck there almost three times a week on my way home, too bad he has no idea whom he's dealing with. ....Neil

Old 08-13-2002, 12:06 PM   #86
Neil Gubitz
Darin...Believe it or not...I'm doing this for YOUR benefit, also! I don't like dishonest people and I will do everything in my power to stop them....even if that means putting my GOOD reputation on the line....it's worth it to me! One of these days, I'm going to be PROVEN correct...then, (and only then)... I WILL expect (and accept) your apology! It just saddens me that few of the folks that actually have first-hand knowledge seem to NOT want to get into this for one reason or another....but, to me...it's like them watching a hit and run accident and just going on their way hoping someone else will handle it....well, I guess I'M that "someone else"! With everything I've done and said...I can STILL hold my head up high, knowing that I'm on the RIGHT SIDE! ....Neil

Old 08-13-2002, 12:08 PM   #87
WebSlave
Just for the record, Mr. Lawson, I did not put the rules in place on this board as a guideline or straightjacket for ME to have to follow. &nbsp;The rules were put into place for everyone else to have to follow or else be subject to possible action on my part. &nbsp;I certainly NEVER implied that I MUST do anything at all, for any reason here.

I can choose to enforce any rule I want, at any time I want, or NOT, at my discretion. &nbsp;So please do not point out incidents that you feel I must take action on, and basically demand I do something about it. &nbsp;No one here has any authority whatsoever to tell me what to do on MY web site.

I can, also at my discretion, completely ignore the BOI and let it free wheel off into outerspace. &nbsp;There never was, nor never will be, any guarantee that ANY messages must be scrutinized, or this site be moderated in any way.

Anyone posting in public is jeopardizing themselves to scrutiny and possible questioning by any and all members of this site. &nbsp;That is the two edged sword I have handed you all.

I hope I am clear on this.

Old 08-13-2002, 12:17 PM   #88
JENNY MARTELIZ
Dave,
My place is off the beaten path, so why did you drive past my place the same day Herp Hobbies was hit? Yes, folks there is some anamosity between Dave and us, but no vendetta. Your "friend" Jason has stopped by to purchase animals. I've asked him if they were for you, he insists they were for himself. Are you casing my place? It's just funny that you were seen at Herp Hobbies a few days before their break-in. &nbsp;You were not selling anything to them, you were not buying anything from them. Why were you there?

When I was trying to get in touch with you about a burm you had for sale, how did it shrink from 13 foot to 9 foot? And you said you wouldn't sell it to me because it was sick? Then were does the 9 foot come from?

As for Peg not having more than $500.00 in her store at one time? She buys $400 to $500 at my place at a time. And I know she couldn't be out of EVERYTHING when she goes shopping. And I know I'm not her only supplier.

To help the rest of you asking about Peg and the albino boa, it didn't come from Peg's. But It's Alive had an albino boa stolen, as well as a bunch of birds. Maybe not the same snake, but a funny coinsidence.

Dave's green Grand Cherokee, that says, "Lawson's Reptiles" on the back, and "Amazon Reptiles" on the side, I saw it well when he drove past, could that be a green truck?

Can anyone say, "Freudian slip?" Re-read the very first post, and if you look closely, there is a "not" missing, not just here but in another thread, the exact same slip. I don't know how to do the clip and quote thing either, but it's right behind this one.

I have made it a policy to ask for identification from people selling me animals, as a cya thing, this way if a situation like this should come up, I have not only proof of purchase, i.e. receipt, but the identity of the seller.

Old 08-13-2002, 12:18 PM   #89
JENNY MARTELIZ
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dave Lawson @ Aug. 08 2002,01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do understand what the break-in has done to her and how it will take her months to make up the loss.I just do like how she stated it as fact that the shows are the reasons behind the robberies.I do feel sorry for her and I do hope that she makes a quick recovery.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
The quote I mentioned.

Old 08-13-2002, 12:26 PM   #90
josie arnold
after reading this thread i had to post to state one thing the snakes that neil put on king snake did belong to lyman and i know this for a fact because he asked me if i wanted to buy back any of his snakes.. i also sold him alot of them snakes,that neil sold for lyman.....none of them snakes was stolen and that is a fact...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!