B.O.I. participants play favorites? - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Yes 11 55.00%
No 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2005, 12:26 PM   #81
Ophis
Check this link for further instructions: www.clayz.com/kumbaya.html

Old 05-08-2005, 12:28 PM   #82
jsrocket
Couple thoughts:

The cool thing about this site is that dissent is allowed. That's democracy at work, not Nazism.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't get why the 10 buck membership is such a big deal. Ten bucks will get you and a friend lunch at Mickey D's.

KS.com already exists, so why would anyone want to re-invent it? IMO, one KS.com is plenty. Sometimes I make purchases there, though, with full knowledge that the forums are strictly censored.

I gotta agree with the chief on this one. If you don't see the value (in terms of access to information and dollars saved) of a membership here, then simply don't join.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:28 PM   #83
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis
Check this link for further instructions: www.clayz.com/kumbaya.html
I'd flip you off smartass but since you can't see me I'll have to settle for mentally kicking you in the butt.

It was funny though.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:33 PM   #84
Ophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Woulda, shoulda, coulda.

It has been covered. In detail.

Were it me you were making this request of, one which were I Rich and had already answered many times, I too would simply say it's there. If you want to know so badly and don't recall/remember from when I was discussing it so many times, find it yourself; I'm tired of going over it.

Of course I'm not Rich and I haven't gone over it nearly as much as he has and while I can see why you would want to know I can also see why he has simply pointed out where it is.

And of course, Opie,aphid,atlas or whatever the heck your name is, the manner in which you ask is sooooooo very endearing.

Oh well, it'll be an interesting Sunday.
Oh.....so your saying that after the chapter worth of typing Rich has done defending his position on this thread, Its going to kill him to type one more stinking paragraph in response to a PAID MEMBERS simple question?

Old 05-08-2005, 12:35 PM   #85
Wilomn
Quote:
Oh.....so your saying that after the chapter worth of typing Rich has done defending his position on this thread, Its going to kill him to type one more stinking paragraph in response to a PAID MEMBERS simple question?
Nope, not at all.

What I'm saying is that just because YOU want him to does NOT necessitate HIS doing so.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:36 PM   #86
Ophis
True..........True

Old 05-08-2005, 12:49 PM   #87
Ophis
But

Im sure that in the interest of making this thread as instructive as possible, Rich will just answer the question, rather than risking projecting the appearance that he is avoiding the issue (I'm sure thats not his intention, but for proprietys sake....) by telling interested partys to go digging through the archives to find the answer.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #88
Wilomn
Quote:
Im sure that in the interest of making this thread as instructive as possible, Rich will just answer the question, rather than risking projecting the appearance that he is avoiding the issue (I'm sure thats not his intention, but for proprietys sake....) by telling interested partys to go digging through the archives to find the answer.
Hmmmmm what's that thing they say about making ASSumptions???

SURE wish I could remember how it went. LOL

Old 05-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #89
dwedeking
Ophis,

My understanding is that Rich feels he can't pull the advertising dollars in to sustain the site. Also by charging a fee it will slow down the frivilous postings on the BOI to make it easier to moderate.

I reviewed the pay for sites. Once thing I noticed is that they offer a tangible sale item (free software, tattoo pictures etc) to encourage purchase of a subscription. On this site, I can see those things in the bells and whistles of the subscription plan (larger photo allotment, ability to do different things), I have no issue with Rich making a buck or selling the bonuses. And this wouldn't be an argument if the BOI didn't contain that intangible factor of fair play and helping out someone that just got screwed on a reptile transaction, making it different than a standard forum.

The BOI does bring value, saving many people more than the $10. It does this because of the catalog of transactions that were previously posted there. I see this and those that have been here a while see it. You can get all that value without paying, just registering. So essentially you are paying to post after the fact (either good or bad) when there is no value to you, only value to the readers.

Anyway, Wes is right. The die has been cast.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:55 PM   #90
Ophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Hmmmmm what's that thing they say about making ASSumptions???

SURE wish I could remember how it went. LOL
I think its something like "Don't assume someone else is making assumptions because it makes an ass out of you and .........I forget the rest.........sorry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!