Bats? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
JeremyNicholson
Bats?

Is anyone selling bats?

If so, what are the laws on bats in Texas? I haven't been able to exactly find the laws on them if you want to breed them.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
JeremyNicholson
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Well, yes, but I wasn't thinking of those species of bats...
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
Bats: May not be hunted, killed, possessed, purchased or sold; however, bats may be moved, trapped, or killed if inside or on a building occupied by people. A person may transport a bat for the purpose of laboratory testing if there is a rabies concern.
colored and bolded items highlighted by me
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat.../hunt/nongame/

Old 07-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
JeremyNicholson
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
colored and bolded items highlighted by me
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat.../hunt/nongame/
Thank you.

If this is the case, then why are people in Texas allowed to exhibit and breed them? And what kind of permit is required? (I'm talking about Egyptian Fruit Bats)
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
hhmoore
You're the one in TX....

Old 07-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
Lucille
Jeremy, both H. and I got our info from Tx. Parks and Wildlife. On the site, there is a way to email them, perhaps you can do so and see what's up with the fruit bats. If you find out, please let us know for future generations of Fauna inhabitants.

I would tell you that from personal experience, the TPW are serious, the fines are serious, and if they get you they will prosecute you; and I would not lightly disregard their rules. (I'm not saying you would, I'm just providing some experience for you to draw upon). One of my exes was caught in a variance, either he had a wrong kind or too many of some kind of ocean fish, I don't recall but I do recall he had to go talk to a judge about it.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #8
JeremyNicholson
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Jeremy, both H. and I got our info from Tx. Parks and Wildlife. On the site, there is a way to email them, perhaps you can do so and see what's up with the fruit bats. If you find out, please let us know for future generations of Fauna inhabitants.

I would tell you that from personal experience, the TPW are serious, the fines are serious, and if they get you they will prosecute you; and I would not lightly disregard their rules. (I'm not saying you would, I'm just providing some experience for you to draw upon). One of my exes was caught in a variance, either he had a wrong kind or too many of some kind of ocean fish, I don't recall but I do recall he had to go talk to a judge about it.

Alright, thank you very much.

No, I wouldn't want to try to mess with the law in any way at all.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #9
KingSyx
At one point i was interested in obtaining fruit bats. I live in austin tx and contacted tx parks and wildlife they were little help and thought i was weird for wanting bats. The only information i got was that you can only keep bats for educational or scientific purposes. The other way would be to get a zoo permit. All of which require expensive licensing and as part of the license your local game warden will stop by frequently to ask questions and monitor their care and housing. This was along time ago but i hope it helps.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:29 AM   #10
batman69
egyptian fruit bats are common status bat and are available to purchase--must have cdc permit and fwl permit. contact for info. buy sell. batmanrick2@yahoo.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread