New guy/girls!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-15-2006, 05:15 PM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
And what does that leave us with?
A Gecko!

Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #12
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
A Gecko!
Well, Thanks for clearing that up!! :eek3:

Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #13
BalloonzForU
Bobby, You can rule out Las Vegas Albino, due to by the time they reach that size the pupils are already turned blackish. I would say a Tremper, but not sure till you post more pics after he's done sheding, could be hiding a Bell under there, but more than likely a Tremper. Can I ask how old they all are?

Old 06-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #14
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Well, Thanks for clearing that up!! :eek3:
You're very welcome!

Old 06-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #15
varnyard
Ok, this is all of the info I have on him. A friend bought him in Daytona last year. He bought him and a Mac snow there. But he had a real bad motorcycle accident a month or so back. He is not here to ask. He is in Birmingham Alabama, in still poor condition. So I have not got the first clue what this guy is. I also am far from an expert on Leopard geckos. Anyone here know what he is exactly?
Thanks in advance!!

Old 06-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #16
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonzForU
Bobby, You can rule out Las Vegas Albino, due to by the time they reach that size the pupils are already turned blackish. I would say a Tremper, but not sure till you post more pics after he's done sheding, could be hiding a Bell under there, but more than likely a Tremper. Can I ask how old they all are?
Thanks!! He is not in shed. He is right at 1 1/2 years old. The females are all around two. That is all I know about them. I bought them yesterday.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:57 PM   #17
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Thanks!! He is not in shed. He is right at 1 1/2 years old. The females are all around two. That is all I know about them. I bought them yesterday.

He's NOT in shed? WOW! He looks like he's about to shed any day now. Some of them do have some left over shed on their toes, try to get that off soon, so it doesn't cause them to lose toes. Looks like one may have had that happen already. I like the one with the parodox spot on her back. Plump they all up and they will look awesome! Hope you friend pulls through soon!

Old 06-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #18
varnyard
Felicia, Thanks for the best wishes about my friend. It is just real sad it happen.

As for the shed on the toes. I have put a small Tupperware and lid with a hole cut in the side of it. Inside I put some damp potting soil. I have been trying to read what I can about them, when I find time. Is this a good method to get that retained shed to come off?

Thanks!!

Old 06-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #19
A_Kendergirl
Instead of potting soil, I would use coco fiber (bed-a-beat), spagnum peat moss, or damp paper towels.

For the toe caps you'll want to be more proactive. He's not going to like it, but he may lose the ends of his toe if you don't. Put him in a sauna (a tub of warm water - 90 to 95 degrees) for 10 - 20 minutes. Once he's out, carefully peel off the caps.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #20
varnyard
Thanks Shanti!! I will do that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!