Dinker finally getting serious with breeding! Input requested. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #11
snowgyre
That's a nice female, Helen! Was she hatched in 2013?

Today is day 53 on the eggs. All are looking great and are starting to deflate. I candled them on Friday an all embryos are moving. I incubate at 88.5 degrees so most of my eggs don't pip until day 60-63 or so. The wait is a killer! I'll probably pip them on June 1st.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #12
Helen Lampinen
That's so awesome!!

I can't wait to see what comes out! I just know there's going to be some super cool babies in there. I agree with the other poster, very wise of you to put him with a mojave. I was also thinking of breeding mine to my mojave het pied male. I'm going to pm you so look for it!

Old 06-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #13
snowgyre
Well, I didn't get exactly what I was expecting. I got one mojave and four normals. Only three babies have left the egg so far. The mojave is male, the two normals out so far are female.

So now I'm left with a few possibilities:
1. The male is a phantom/mystic and I just got terrible odds with no visuals in this clutch.
2. The male is either a subtle codominant or a recessive trait.
3. The male's pattern is nongenetic.

I do plan on holding these snakes back to breed back to Dad in three years or so to rule out #2. They're called dinker projects for a reason, but I'm honestly very surprised I didn't get something that looked like him in this clutch. He really looks like he's in the BEL complex.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #14
ClarkT
Hmm.... Tough one..
Try with a Cinny

Old 06-03-2015, 10:38 PM   #15
snowgyre
The whole clutch is finally out. They're not bad looking babies, just not what I was expecting. My sex ratio is pretty good though; all four normals are female, only the mojave is male. At least I'll be able to breed the girls back to dad in a few years and hopefully prove the trait out.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #16
snowgyre
Here are some updated photos. Now I'm starting to wonder if I misread this male... two of his daughters (the ones on the bottom) look an awful lot like specters. I'm holding the entire clutch back (the mojave is male, the rest are female), so I'll breed him back to his daughters in a couple of years and see what pops out.
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2016, 06:37 PM   #17
David Reid
In the pic with the three as adults, my Tangerine looks like the bottom left. I like em.

Dave

Old 08-17-2016, 08:41 AM   #18
phoenix-cry
I really like the one on the bottom right of the top pic

Old 08-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #19
NIGRO51
bottom left in both pics has an awesome dot shaped like a heart

Old 01-07-2017, 10:45 PM   #20
Dro B
I don't think this will be proven out as anything already on the market, too different and too dark, I'll be following this one good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!