STEEL CITY REPTILE EXPO! September 12, 2009! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #81
porkchop48
OOps forgot.

Up to 43 vendors.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #82
Randolph's Redtail's
Your a little cutie, just like your frogs!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #83
Home-Grown
as far as the "exclusives" go, Paul promised me there would be none. That is until the almighty Rodent Pro got involved, now the only frozen rodent deelers will be Rodent Pro and Vince Clemens (he gave Paul his money before Rodent Pro got involved).

Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #84
Randolph's Redtail's
Hey Deb, whats up! Just talked to Vince yesterday while pickin up my mealworms , he said it did'nt matter to him, he has free table space and he's close to home . I'm sure he will still make sales to his regulars.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:23 AM   #85
porkchop48
I never really did understand the point of "exclusives"

Can some one fill me in?

Old 08-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #86
Home-Grown
Exclusives are for the people that are afraid of alittle competition. There shouldn't be any exclusives. How many snake vendors are there? How many turtle & lizard vendors? We weren't afraid of the competition of the other rodent dealers. We were breeders & our prices were lower than even Rodent Pros were. Are they the only vendors that have any expenses going to any shows? All we've heard is a bunch of lies.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #87
wyblep
I wanted to take a moment to address the issue of "exclusive" vendors at our shows.

When Ben & I decided to do a show and created our business plan, we discussed that we wanted to have a show free of exclusive vendors of a specific item.

We then solicited vendors face to face and asked them to consider vending at our show. In the initial days of contacting vendors, the question of "exclusives" came up in regard to frozen rodent sales. When asked this question, we answered by saying that we did not want any exclusive arrangements.

After a short time of promoting the show, we were approached by Casey of Rodent Pro. Casey wanted to vend at our show but Rodent Pro has a stipulation that they only vend at shows where they are the exclusive provider of frozen rodents.

At this time, we told Casey that another vendor, Vince Clemens, had already submitted his application and table fee. We told Casey that Vince would be attending this show no matter what Ben & I decided about exclusives and that I would get back to him.

Ben & I struggled with this decision for several days. On one hand, we had told people that we weren't having exclusive arrangements. On the other hand, Rodent Pro brings a large customer following with them. Rodent Pro had also agreed to email their contact list (over 35,000 people) to inform them of their appearance at our show if we would let them attend as exclusives.

At that time, we only had solid commitments from Vince Clemens and Rodent Pro. At that time, we decided to do what was best for the show. We made a business decision to allow Rodent Pro to be exclusive. Any good business plan has to be constantly revised.

Inevitably there will be some personal feelings hurt, even though this was purely a business decision.

When Deb's husband John called me on the phone, I explained all of this to him. I'm very sorry for hurting your feelings with this decision.

Sincerely
Paul Wyble
Ben Corcetti
Steel City Reptile Expo Ltd.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #88
retic88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home-Grown View Post
Exclusives are for the people that are afraid of alittle competition. There shouldn't be any exclusives. How many snake vendors are there?
Have to aggree with you on that one deb. I dont use rodent pro due to there prices are way to high. Deb and Vince have good prices and i deal with both of them all the time.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:05 AM   #89
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by retic88 View Post
Have to aggree with you on that one deb. I dont use rodent pro due to there prices are way to high. Deb and Vince have good prices and i deal with both of them all the time.
I'm not impressed with RodentPros quality at ALL. I recently gave away about a hundred of their rats because my snakes turned up their noses at them. Thin, dirty - yuck. Shame there won't be any competition for pricing, that's the reason a lot of us go to the shows.

That said, I will still be there. Just not buying any rodents. Paul has still put together an awesome list of vendors otherwise.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #90
porkchop48
Is there going to end up being other exclusives?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball pythons, cornsnakes, pennsylvania, pittsburgh reptile show