PayPal disputes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Kangas Kritters
PayPal disputes

Has anyone had any luck/experience with getting refunds from PayPal when opening up a dispute against a bad deal?

Old 09-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Fangthane
Since this isn't about a specific person, it's more geared toward the "General Business Discussions" forum. You might want to create a new thread there, since this one will likely be locked and deleted.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=15

Old 09-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Kangas Kritters
Thank you, I just posted it there.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
spawn
It's very simple - if you or they stuck a tracking number on the dispute and/or the original transaction and the tracking number shows the package addressed properly and the respective shipping service website confirms package delivered, there's nothing that can be done for live animal shipments. They simply won't get involved, and it's their prerogative.

With that said, I have had luck getting money on deals where no tracking number was present and it wasn't a live animal shipment.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
creepycrawly
No luck

I once paid someone for a snake, and then they disappeared. They never did ship. I opened a dispute through PayPal. The process takes a lot of time, and PayPal gives the seller way to much time and too many notices. They notify the seller that if they do not issue a refund or provide the product that they will deduct the funds from the account(s) set up in PayPal. This gives the seller ample time to clear their accounts. So in my case I paid over $500 for a snake, and got back 76 cents. PayPal claimed they would continue working to get the rest of the funds, but that was many years ago, and of course I never saw another penny.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
hhmoore
That is why a credit card should ALWAYS be used for PayPal payments, even if one has the cash. The credit card company simply removes the magical electronic funds, and credits your account; leaving PayPal to try to recoup from the seller.

A lot of people complain and point fingers at people that remove money from their PayPal accounts before the buyer receives the animal. Holding the money there, in case a refund is in order, is nice in theory; but, practically, it means that any purchase made using PayPal would draw from those funds automatically. Should everybody be required to forego their own purchase protection, simply because they sold something that hasn't been received & outlasted the guarantee period?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!