NeatDesk Scanner for receipts - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
dvangorp
NeatDesk Scanner for receipts

Anyone use one of these and would like to offer an opinion? Reviews run from 'greatest thing' to 'pos'. Too many paid reviewers on the web nowadays so I am looking for personal experiences.

thanks ... doug.

http://www.tryneat.com/site/tryneat/home.html

Old 12-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Magic
Hey Doug,

I'm in the "total pos" group with this one. We bought the dang thing, and all it did was make taxes hell. For us, it didn't import (I think that's the word) the correct figures in the correct places. We had to go over things many many times to make sure that the total sale wasn't recorded as total sales tax, we had to make sure it was actually doing calculations correctly.

We thought perhaps it a settings issue, but good luck calling customer service. I'll gladly call India and give them two hours of my time rather than deal with NeatDesk customer service ever again.

In the end? The $250 we pay our tax guy is so very worth it, shoebox full of receipts and all.

However, if all you need it for is calculating monthly gains/losses, it's perfect for that. But pricey for a calculator, lol.

Hope this helps!
Kerri

Old 12-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
deedeeiam
There is a lot better software out there for doing this kind of work. But even the BEST software and highest quality scanner will require very meticulous review.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
dvangorp
Kerri .. Thanks for the informative response and for including details. My decision is to not get this product and hope that something better comes out in the future. I test software for a living and it is a shame that the public is forced to shift through all the junk in hopes of finding a gem.

doug.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:53 AM   #5
CrocEnc
We use the Neat Desk and we really like it. Categorization is easy. Reports are easy. Scans very efficiently but I would double check the numbers as errors can occur. It has really simplified our receipt records. It is now an essential tool in our office.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:08 AM   #6
CrocEnc
like it

We use the Neat Desk and we really like it. Categorization is easy. Reports are easy. Scans very efficiently but I would double check the numbers as errors can occur. It has really simplified our receipt records. It is now an essential tool in our office.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!