is this a desparate business in need of funds? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #31
Pink Lady Exotics
Steve, MKR is going to be at Daytona right? Do they not care that they are seriously going to catch a lot of sh*t for this (seeing as everyone all over every forum is up in arms about it)?

Old 08-10-2006, 10:23 PM   #32
SPJ
I would not want to be at the MKR table in Daytona. A lot of people are going to be there that are not going to be too happy about this.

People save up all year to buy morphs there and I can almost guarentee there is going to be some serious price drops at the show to move stock.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #33
Biscuit71
I have said it once and I will say it again, Co-Doms are very easy to produce, you could get 2 Males and breed them to what... 5-6 females each? with those odds, it is possible to get 3-4 of the morph from EACH female... so the 4000 invested at 2000 each, you could make a whopping 30,000 in one season.. Hell that is more than some of the people trying to BUY them make in a year. Nobody sees anyhting wrond with artificaially making it look like a certian morph is harder to produce than it is. Honestly.. everyone was complaining about the Pastel price drop and all the "big guys" were saying "Its because EVERYONE is breeding them now" well then... MKR is making it easy for everyone to get great snakes at good prices... it looks like it is making a big impact and some of those people looking to walk away from Daytona with fat wallets might have to take a cut... Oh well, such is life.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #34
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHarrison
Steve, MKR is going to be at Daytona right? Do they not care that they are seriously going to catch a lot of sh*t for this (seeing as everyone all over every forum is up in arms about it)?
Everyone? I see just as many who think this is part of the free market way of life, and there's not much anybody can do about it. At any rate, I'd tell anybody who came up to me, to mind their own business and to pack sand, and/or a lunch. Lose your respect for the guy, don't do business with the guy....fine, take it beyond that is wrong.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #35
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHarrison
I'm not saying yay or nay about this whole thing because I don't have money invested (yet)...BUT I did see this tonight:

http://www.ozzyboids.com/availableball.htm

Their mojave males were priced at $1500 less than 2 weeks ago...I know, I was looking around for one before deciding on my albino and had looked through their website among others. Now they're all of a sudden $1K...think it has anything to do with MKR?
Maybe it's just because the biggest reptile expo is coming up and they know that there is normally a set amount of money people spend and they want to get it first, which is also another beef people seem to have with MKR, which I personally think is a good way to get some of that expo money, and there is absolutly nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:59 PM   #36
liquidleaf
Yep, it may be that, like other do I'm sure, MKR may be trying to clear some rack space out while at the same time free up some money for purchases THEY may be planning on making at Daytona.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:46 PM   #37
harrellharrell
Lauren, You have a good point about rack space, but I guarantee you that MKR doesn't need to free up money, unless they just found something big that they paid top dollar for. Which is possible. I also want to know if they are selling 05's for that price or if it was just 06's. I looked the other day, when this post came out and they still had six 05's on their Available list. I am thinking that they might be trying to make room for what they're planning on purchasing in Daytona. The bottom line is though, that they could have easily freed up that rack space by making their sales at Daytona.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #38
Ed Clark
Thumbs down morph king reptiles

i think it would be a very bad idea for anyone involved with morph king reptiles to show their face at daytona,they may be risking serious bodily injury or worse.in light of all the threats made against them by many of the breeders.this goes way beyond the 800.00 mojaves.people are being financially harmed by the direct actions of morph king reptiles and alot of people have voiced their displeasure with them.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #39
ravensgait
Man if you invested in snakes with the hope you could sell their offspring for what you bought the parents and expected the price to stay at that for ever you didn't do much research on investing.. Doesn't matter if it's a TV,DVD player or a ball morph over time the price goes down. I have to agree with what Ben said in the BOI thread about this IE these things will sell like hot cakes when the price gets down to where most just buy them to have them not to breed them. Randy

Old 08-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #40
SPJ
The issue is not the price going down. That is to be expected. It's the huge drop that is causing the concern. This drop is not typical of markets going down and leveling out.
Last year a mojove would have set you back about $3500. This year you can get one for $800. That is not a normal market drop.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!