New toy to play with.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-21-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
WebSlave
New toy to play with....

I'm setting up a couple of new features here and would like some of you all to do some testing if you have a few moments. Right now only one of the two is ready.

It's a photo gallery subsection. Not sure how it is going to fit into the scheme of things, but it may eventually replace those Photo Gallery forums in each discussion forum. I may just put links in place going to the photo gallery engine instead.

Anyway, the URL is http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/photopost/index.php. It is tied into the FaunaClassifieds forums database, so you should automatically be logged in when you get there. I've posted several of my own photos and it seems to work pretty well, but I would appreciate it if you guys could find some time to try to wring it out a bit before I open it up to the public.

This is basically a beta test, so please take note of anything that doesn't seem to work correctly and let me know about it.

I'll post a notice here when I have that second module up and running.

Thanks!

Old 12-21-2004, 09:42 PM   #2
NEWReptiles
Cool idea Rich.

I will monkey around in there and check it out.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:51 AM   #3
WebSlave
Well, has anyone else tried this out? I want to put this out into the general membership population soon, so please try it out and let me know as soon as you can.

Then I need some more feedback on the new classifieds system as well.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:02 PM   #4
progeckos
I like the system. It’s a very clean and easy way to host pictures on the fauna server. The layout seems to work pretty well and the stats are pretty cool. When I was posting some pictures I didn’t find any problems and it was very easy to post.

Quote:
Not sure how it is going to fit into the scheme of things, but it may eventually replace those Photo Gallery forums in each discussion forum. I may just put links in place going to the photo gallery engine instead.
I don’t think I would replace the photo gallery forums. As with the leopard gecko photo forum there are a lot posts with pictures. If that forum was taken away all those pictures would be posted in the leo discussion forum and I think it would over power the actual help questions. A link from the photo discussion forums to this system would work great.

I think this system would be an excellent way for people to host pictures and post them. I don’t know if this was intent of the system but it seems like it would work well. Hopefully this enough feed back because no one else is here!

Old 12-25-2004, 12:41 AM   #5
Chris@TSE
I hate to sound like a complete retard, but hey, might as well.....

I can't seem to find how to actually post photos or create albums! Please enlighten me.... maybe im missing something quite obvious.

Old 12-25-2004, 12:56 AM   #6
Chris@TSE
Nevermind, I think I've got it figured out, but I do have one issue. I am unable to delete photos I've posted. While learning to use it I mistakenly double posted a few photos and it claimed I did not have the access when I went to delete my photos.

What I did was when I uploaded photos to the ball python gallery, I selected "members gallery" as the optional selection. Not knowing that uploads automatically are listed there it uploaded my photo TWICE. This may be a bug, or my stupidity, or a mixture of the two. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Old 12-25-2004, 01:52 AM   #7
WebSlave
Well you SHOULD be able to delete your own images. Can't say I have tested it from the angle of being a registered member, however. But I did set the admin option for that option to "ON". Has anyone else tried this?

The system is set to automatically create a user gallery as soon as they upload images. I can disable this if it proves to be confusing, however.

Let's see how it goes over and I'll see what seems best to do.

Thanks.

BTW, I deleted that photo you requested me to delete for you.

Old 12-25-2004, 02:05 AM   #8
Chris@TSE
Thanks Rich......... You the man.

Old 12-25-2004, 12:52 PM   #9
DThomas
I like the idea of this feature. Maybe limited it though for a couple of reasons. Storage and bandwidth could increase dramatically if alot of registered users start using it.

My idea would be set up tiered accounts for this. Normal registered users can upload a small amount of pics, contributors can store more. Allow the option to pay a small fee to ad more pics. Kinda how ssnakess.com does it. Re-coup some of the expense this is going to bring.

Old 12-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #10
MR_Jungle_Mist
Thumbs up

I agree - a lot of bandwidth but if you've got it to spare might as well.

I like the fact that it matches the classifieds. I'm sure you could work FC.com into a new look with these new toys you are coming up with. I've not tried to upload or play with the photo section at all. I'm sure you'll have more than enough others trying it out. I like that you are keeping up with new things and giving FC a facelift now and then.

Has anyone tried to link their photos from here? I would guess it could be used as an online photo storage for those that don't yet have a place to stick their pictures.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!