shipping snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-27-2002, 10:57 PM   #1
Steve M.
how is a new comer to the biz suppose to ship their snakes

Old 02-28-2002, 12:21 AM   #2
franklinedwards60
Most people use UPS, FEDX, and AirBorne Express. Don't use U.S.P.S. to ship snakes because that is messing with the Goverment. Also for a person that just ships a few animals I believe AirBorne has the best rates. But check them all for rates. Also none of these carries openlly except live reptiles.
I hope this helps. Frank

Old 02-28-2002, 04:58 PM   #3
Steve M.
I've heard these carriers may open packages to check contents

Old 02-28-2002, 05:19 PM   #4
HallsHerps
Hey there , welcome to the club of the unverified ...lol
as stated thats how most people ship if there not verified , spam_and probably most people have a relationship with there carriers already so unless they red flag somhow i guess they are not subjected to spam_having anything opened. But well im not willing to take the chance of the lawsuit or the loss of a animal by someone goin into my package and then loosing the animal Plus the lawsuit that could be impending from all this . spam_Not to mention IF they dont open it and then that packaage is "lost on the way" spam_then how are you to claim a loss on something you're not suppose to ship ?
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a minds a scary thing to use</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Old 02-28-2002, 09:34 PM   #5
franklinedwards60
There is always Air Frieght. But the cost can be high, Uless your shipping a large quanity to one person. There's Delta Dash and Continental that I have used. But after Sept 11 they're requiring you to be a verified shipper. They just don't tell you how to become verified.

Old 02-28-2002, 11:59 PM   #6
Gary Walsch
Well being as I recently became a verified shipper with Delta I can tell you that it is relatively easy. &nbsp;First before I go any further let me just say that Continental is far too expensive, and they dont do anything that Delta does'nt do for that extra money. &nbsp;All you have to do is call Delta up and they have a special phone number for you to call and they will have someone call you and set up an appointment for one of their people to come out to you residence/place of business, which ever the case might be and they will take a look around and you will fill out a few papers and in a week to two weeks you are verified. &nbsp;Really simple and its free and only takes about 20 minutes.

Gary Walsch

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!