Extreme Hypo Honduran genectics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-23-2022, 07:17 PM   #1
Captive Bred Excellence
Extreme Hypo Honduran genectics

Can anyone with at least a few years experience breeding extreme hypo honduran milks, that understands this line of hypo's genetics and probable breeding outcomes answer some questions please?

I'm a long time colubrid breeder and understand genetics but am new to producing extreme's. I produced 2 clutches this year for the the first time pairing what I was told a male extreme x a female extreme. I know there is variation in hypo's and extremes but confused in how they should be represented when selling low expression ones.

I attached a photo of a hatchling extreme male and sibling female to show the variation I produced. The male male is pictured first. The parents are almost identical in coloration with the male being the lighter of the pair. Should the female be sold as extreme or het for extreme, from extreme line? I have looked at everything I could find for sale and there seems to be no set standards.

Thanks for reading and responding in advance, I don't want to miss-represent them when I put them up for sale.
Tad Fitzgerald

Old 10-23-2022, 07:18 PM   #2
Captive Bred Excellence
Here are the pics

Male first.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2022, 08:46 AM   #3
dieselfan
That male is more of an ultra light hypo. It might lighten up a bit as it matures and look like an extreme hypo as an adult. That female is just a nice, clean normal hypo. Breeding top shelf extreme hypo requires the very lightest extreme hypo adults. One of the issues I found was finding extreme hypo females. They are very hard to find and produce. Without top shelf breeder females you won’t be producing very many if any extreme hypos.Unfortunately most people selling extremes use it a marketing term to make their animals sound more valuable. There is no such thing as het extreme’s. I would just say that they are from extreme hypo bloodlines.

Old 10-31-2022, 01:55 PM   #4
Captive Bred Excellence
Thanks,

Even in your response I have gotten differing feedback. I decided to go with the opinion of Aaron Bayer. He thought the male was an extreme while the female was a hypo from extreme line.
Tad

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!