Moving - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Shadera
Moving

When did it get so tough? Have I really accumulated so much crap in the 6 years since I retired and moved here with all my stuff in a duffel bag?

Bag after bag of clutter to pitch, trying to decide what is going to go into long-term storage and what needs to go to the apartment, worry about the repair folks we've hired flaking out.

I keep sneaking back here, to get away from the tedium. I'd so much rather stick something sharp in my eye than be doing this stuff. If we didn't have six weeks to go, I'd do some more procrastinating.

Just opening the floodgates and letting it out before I hurt someone here. Even the cat is hiding.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
radera5
I will come give you a hand, we live close enough. Here, just let me start back here in the snake room. I will pack a few of them up for ya LMBO.
I hate having to move :/ Good luck, I hope it all goes as good as possible!

Old 10-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
deborahbroadus
I feel your pain.

For my upcoming move, what I did was sell everything but the bedroom and living room furniture and a table from the kitchen (i'm not counting my clothes, books and dishes).

It's just material crap and can be replaced. So, I am only moving what I will immediately need. Everything else can be trashed or sold. However, since the goal was to sell and not make a profit...for example, I sold a shed full of lawn tools mower, weeder, deck washer, spades, shovels, edger, etc (most brand new) for 200.00. I sold ref/freezer, washer and dryer, dining room table with leaf, bed/chairs, television, etc for 350.00 LMAO...I wanted this stuff GONE!

The professional movers that I have reserved are going to charge by the hour, I am not leaving them any "wiggle-room" since they will also be packing the stuff up.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
deborahbroadus
P.S. Don't let Radera5 near my animals! LMAO

Old 10-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
P.S. Don't let Radera5 near my animals! LMAO
Wait, what? Why? I just offered to help.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
Wait, what? Why? I just offered to help.
Okaaaay...if you let her near..check her pockets before she leaves!

Old 10-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Okaaaay...if you let her near..check her pockets before she leaves!
Dang! You got me.

Now I am going to need links to my good guy threads

Old 10-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
radera5
I should have added to that last post, sorry for going off topic Shadera.

I really hope it goes good AND fast for you. Think about the new start

Old 10-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
Shadera
I don't even let hubby in the snake room, your babies are safe. My vet's been down there, and one other person two years ago. That's it.

I've been giving away a ton of stuff to lighten the load, similar to you. We were originally going to take everything, but have decided to leave all the near new appliances in hopes it'll help the place sell. A lot more is going to the local shelter, and a ton of stuff is gonna hit craigslist soon. The less we have to have hauled, the better.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Old 10-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
MrsWTownsend
I just helped a friend move~ it took the movers 15 1/2 hours to move all of the stuff she had for them... That is not counting the stuff I loaded in MY truck and moved!

She is not one who is willing to release her possessions...

At any rate, you will get some new stuff and opening up all those boxes after moving them will be kind of like opening presents and a new discovery of what you now remember you have.

Good luck with your move, I do hope everything goes well!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!