Backing Out Last Minute - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
marisa*nicole
Backing Out Last Minute

I just don't understand how some people will go so far as to set up a delivery or place and time to meet for a sale/trade then call as I am packing up their animals and say that they can't come up with the money. I do a lot of local deals with my geckos and recently gave a customer a very good price and even offered to deliver it as it was only 30 minutes away. She texts me as I'm walking out the door (10 minutes after we had set up a meeting place) and says "um something happened, I can't get the $25, but do you want a turtle?"...after I had the animal packed up and cleared my day.....ugh. I understand that things happen, but please don't waste my time when you know that you can't afford something in the first place. If you work with me, I'm happy to make accommodations for your situation...

Old 01-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by marisa*nicole View Post
I just don't understand how some people will go so far as to set up a delivery or place and time to meet for a sale/trade then call as I am packing up their animals and say that they can't come up with the money. I do a lot of local deals with my geckos and recently gave a customer a very good price and even offered to deliver it as it was only 30 minutes away. She texts me as I'm walking out the door (10 minutes after we had set up a meeting place) and says "um something happened, I can't get the $25, but do you want a turtle?"...after I had the animal packed up and cleared my day.....ugh. I understand that things happen, but please don't waste my time when you know that you can't afford something in the first place. If you work with me, I'm happy to make accommodations for your situation...
Get used to it. It happens. Even customers (including us) that go to a store to shop, will put things back on the shelves when we find out we are overspending.

I would have been THANKING the customer for having the integrity to call me and cancel rather than let me make the trip and not show.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
marisa*nicole
That's true, I guess I get frustrated because I have never not followed through on something like that, especially if they are taking time out of their day to meet me. Better than the no-shows though definitely

Old 01-12-2012, 03:23 AM   #4
kiss1069
i agree with Deb, shtuff does happen and or ppl see they had to spend on something else and now cant come up with the full amount...but if youre willing to work something out with them thats great...at least you didnt show up to their home to find out they didnt want it or even not open the door for you. That said...do you have any female geckos available?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
marisa*nicole
PM Sent

Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by marisa*nicole View Post
One left.

this is not appropriate to post in a discussion forum

Old 01-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
marisa*nicole
Yeah I realized I should have used PM right after I posted, but I don't see a way to delete. Is there one?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
only contributing members have the ability to edit posts

Old 01-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
Lucille
Nonrefundable deposits are a great idea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!