My first clutch of the 2011 season..Hooray ^_^ - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
Matt2979
I'd really like to see black pastel het reds (probably not as much as YOU--lol)! I know the cinny version (gargoyle) looks cool, but I prefer black pastel over cinny with most projects. Good luck with them!!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #12
snakechaarmer
Thanks guys, for some reason I wasn't getting notifications of responses to my thread. Weird!

Yes, I know Het Red is a codom gene..basically the story on the male is I got him from a friend of mine, who got a large group of baby ball pythons from someone who had a red axanthic breeding and somehow ended up mixing up the normal babies and het red axanthics into a large group. He sold them all as a group to my friend and didn't know enough 5 years ago to tell them apart from normals.

This guy has the heavy black back, the heavy moustache, and the melded alien heads on the sides.. So I am *hoping* he proves out

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the kind words!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #13
snakechaarmer
Just for fun, I thought I would post some more photos of the male, Octavio..

Here's some of him as a baby....then more of him as an adult.

And another old one for fun

Old 04-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #14
snakechaarmer
Whoops!

Oops double picture post. Deleting one of them!

And Oops, I got to looking at the last picture of him in my hair clip, and I realized that isn't Octavio, it's his brother Opi that is another PH Red Axanthic His markings are wayyy less obvious and vibrant, though, so he is probably just a nice black backed normal. Who knows.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #15
Subdriven
Ok. Sorry. Pull my post back. That does make sense to be a PH red then. Lol

Old 04-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #16
Daequix
After all the possible talk...I do know one thing. Your girl was positive for da clutch. Gratz!!!!

Old 07-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #17
snakechaarmer
Just thought I would update everyone..the genetic gambling powers at be were not with me this year, unfortunately. This clutch yielded extremely depressing results - - -

5 Male Normals

What a bummer.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #18
KY Reptiles
Dang I'm sorry. You'll get em next year!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 12:42 AM   #19
deobra2869
awww Im sorry I was hoping to see some nice black pastels in there but next year will be better

Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 AM   #20
Necoco
That sucks,love the names of your snakes though. ^^

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python, black pastel