PLEASE start looking at thread DATES!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
Miss Tuniwha
PLEASE start looking at thread DATES!!!

Ok, I am sorry to sound really crabby, but it seems people can NOT get it thru their heads.

When you are looking at an ad, thread, whatever.. LOOK at the dates.

Every day I see multiple replies to ads that are VERY old. sometimes 5 or 6 years.

sorry folks, I doubt those animals are still there.

Even when pointed out to people, I have seen them continue to reply to 6 or 7 more threads about an animal. NONE of which were posted within the past year.

I know mistakes happen. You get excited, or in a hurry, or when new and still learning the site.

or NOT new and still learning (like me :P)

I have even, not wanting to sound rude to the person, PM'd them just telling them that the ads they have been replying to were very old, and to look next time. Got a reply saying, "oh sorry, didn't see it". and they then CONTINUED to reply to ads 3 and 4 years old.

I just needed to rant a bit about it.

*sigh*

Old 11-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
SPJ
I've seen people reply to an ad right after someone posted the ad was a few years old and to stop responding. I've also seen people respond to ads right after the seller updated it saying the animal was sold.

It all comes down to fact that some people are just plain STUPID.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
Clay Davenport
I'll reply to this thread on July 7th 2010......

Old 11-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
hhmoore
Brandi - next time you see somebody respond to an ad THAT IS OVER A YEAR OLD, notify the moderator covering that section of the classifieds

Old 11-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
I'll reply to this thread on July 7th 2010......
Too funny.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
On the other hand, it is the responsibility of the sellers to remove old ads. It's quite simple to do but even I have forgotten to do it on occasion.

Regards,

Old 11-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
On the other hand, it is the responsibility of the sellers to remove old ads. It's quite simple to do but even I have forgotten to do it on occasion.

Regards,
I have seen some older threads in the discussion forum pop back up that were over a year old just because someone voted on out dated poll.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #8
hhmoore
I don't see a big problem with resurrecting old discussions (though it would be nice if the new poster actually had some intelligent input, lol). Times change and, as we grow & learn, revisiting old discussions with new ideas can be a good thing for a lot of people.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I don't see a big problem with resurrecting old discussions (though it would be nice if the new poster actually had some intelligent input, lol). Times change and, as we grow & learn, revisiting old discussions with new ideas can be a good thing for a lot of people.
That I don't see as a problem. When the thread with a poll is about " Which should I get?" pertaining to a purchase and its 16 - 18 months old , chances are the Op has made his decision and any remaining critters for the choosing are gone.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:14 PM   #10
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith

Regards,
Can all old ads be deleted? I know of one of mine that for some reason I can't delete (and I have tried to).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!