Sellers who don't know what they have. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #1
DAND
Angry Sellers who don't know what they have.

It's not something new but recently it has been irking me seeing some of these ads posted. Not knowing the sex, the morph or locality and misrepresenting the animals they are selling. These people are probably picking up someone's scraps and reselling them or adopting unwanted reptiles without even knowing what they have just to make a quick buck.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #2
Cat_72
Just in the last 24 hours, I have seen ads selling a "python" (the picture of the animal was clearly a boa), a normal ball python that had a 25% chance of producing pastels (and it only ate and pooped once a month!), and a couple of ads stating that they didn't know the sex of the snake, but it looked like it could be female.

If you don't know what it is, either find out from someone who has a clue, or just say you're clueless.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
John Apple
This happens a lot in the tarantula industry, with a hard sale in the avicularia genus...like is it metallica, urticans,avicularia or anything in between.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #4
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
locality :
Don't even get me started on locality. I had locale boas posted (I know EXACTLY where they came from) and got a ton of garbage over it. Check the KS boa forum. There is interesting reading over the boas myself and a few other have.

I think some people are better off not listing the locale if they are going to catch hell over it.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:48 AM   #5
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I think some people are better off not listing the locale if they are going to catch hell over it.
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:02 AM   #6
TomO
Summarize

SPJ,
For those who don't want to read the entire thread over there, can you summarize what the issue is?

Old 11-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #7
SteveHiss
Quote:
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Yeah, that sucks doesn't it David.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!