Thank you, Rich! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-25-2004, 01:47 PM   #1
Sybella
Thank you, Rich!

For lack of a better idea on where to put this, I want to put this here...

I want you to know that I really appreciate how much thought you put into this place. Most importantly, how you ask for our opinions before making a decision and take our thoughts into consideration BUT, still make the final call yourself. This way, there is member participation and support but not too much member control.

I'll tell you what prompted this....I've been a forum mod at a sims forum for nearly 2 years and we just had a big blow up over something trivial. A member suggested that we create a rule about "test" posts, making them a violation that the mods would have to enforce. Instead of making the best judgement call, and sticking by what he believed was right, the site admin let 3 forum members override him, and me. There is too much member control over there and this just made things worse. The members think they are in charge and this just confirmed it. Naturally, I am pissed because I have to deal with it on a daily basis, whereas the admin just pops in on occassion. But, I got to be thinking about this place and realized that I owed you this thank you...and an apology for being a thorn at times.

So, again, thank you so much!!!

Old 03-25-2004, 02:41 PM   #2
sputnik
Thumbs up OH YEAH

Quote:
I want you to know that I really appreciate how much thought you put into this place. Most importantly, how you ask for our opinions before making a decision and take our thoughts into consideration BUT, still make the final call yourself. This way, there is member participation and support but not too much member control.
This is what keeps this site healthy!

Old 03-25-2004, 03:21 PM   #3
Sybella
Exactly! And, it's the only way to run a forum.

Old 03-25-2004, 03:54 PM   #4
sputnik
It's a great site/place

Regardless of how you look at it, Rich can be very proud of his efforts here and that of Ken and Dr.Owens as well.

It is mostly a thankless job they do and it's moments like this I feel they deserve some praise for their continued efforts.

I think Rich has a site that is VERY unique here. Many friendships have been forged just because of this site. It's brought the herp community together on many different levels and it can only benefit from that.

I'd hate to think of the herp world with fauna!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!