why have distinction between good guy, bad guy, and info in the boi section? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #11
Genefreak339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
The 'bad guy' 'good guy' and 'inquiry' labels are just in the subject header of the thread
So whats the reason to even have them if there just subject headers and it really doesnt play a role in what the thread is about?

Quote:
It may turn out that the original label may not be correct (seen plenty of threads that were 'bad guy seller' that turned out to be because of an unreasonable buyer, etc).
Seems there is alot of confusion and the person in question gets the wrong label alot? Another reason not to have them IMO.

Quote:
Also, per the rules, we are encouraged to post additional dealings within whatever BOI thread already exists for 'said person' instead of starting a new thread everytime,
Even more reason to just have one thread with a persons name in it rather than having separate "subject headers" for a good guy, bad guy, inquiry, etc.... seeing as every one of them is the same as "we are encouraged to post additional dealing within whatever boi thread already exists?"

Im not trying to come off as a Im just trying to get my point across, please dont take this the wrong way.
Thank You

Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #12
Genefreak339
Kevin you seem to always come on any thread I write on and try to say the same that you have been saying in the boi for a week now. I think that is what the boi section is for not the FaunaClassifieds Feedback Forum... But hey what do I know right? Im sure you will rally the BOI troops to this post now and make it a long, drawn out, 500+ post thread also?

Cant even ask a question without you jumping on me geeze its like your my fauna stalker......

Old 10-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #13
WebSlave
So I'm reading this thread, and I see between the lines that members here are saying "Please give me infractions!". I didn't realize people liked getting them so much....

Old 10-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #14
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genefreak339 View Post
So whats the reason to even have them if there just subject headers and it really doesnt play a role in what the thread is about?

Seems there is alot of confusion and the person in question gets the wrong label alot? Another reason not to have them IMO.

Even more reason to just have one thread with a persons name in it rather than having separate "subject headers" for a good guy, bad guy, inquiry, etc.... seeing as every one of them is the same as "we are encouraged to post additional dealing within whatever boi thread already exists?"

Im not trying to come off as a Im just trying to get my point across, please dont take this the wrong way.
Thank You
The problem, as I see it, is making these changes that you suggest would only help the scammers. By having all information both good and bad in a thread, buyers are able to make more "informed" choices/decisions.

If they make stupid decisions with all the wealth of information in front of them, I am not so inclined to help them when they finally do get scammed.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
DAND
Quote:
Lol your are correct! Just figured I would ask.... Didnt really expect an answer.
Thank you
-Michael
So if you "didn't really expect an answer" then why the hell did you ask it and what was your true motive for doing so?

Old 10-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #16
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
So if you "didn't really expect an answer" then why the hell did you ask it and what was your true motive for doing so?
and....he is, as the saying goes..."Hoist by his own petard!"

Old 10-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #17
Genefreak339
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
The problem, as I see it, is making these changes that you suggest would only help the scammers. By having all information both good and bad in a thread, buyers are able to make more "informed" choices/decisions.

If they make stupid decisions with all the wealth of information in front of them, I am not so inclined to help them when they finally do get scammed.
You make a valid point and it was pretty much exactly what I am saying.... You say "By having all information both good and bad in a thread, buyers are able to make more "informed" choices/decisions." And what I am saying is why have separate threads, why not put them all in one and not have a label on them, just the person in questions name? In simple have all the info both bad and good in one thread.

Is that not the same thing?

Old 10-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #18
Genefreak339
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
When I say "I didnt expect an answer" I was saying it as I am not getting my hopes up, I would like an answer but I dont expect anyone to really give me one.
Thanks

Old 10-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #19
deborahbroadus
Quote:
You make a valid point and it was pretty much exactly what I am saying.... You say "By having all information both good and bad in a thread, buyers are able to make more "informed" choices/decisions." And what I am saying is why have separate threads, why not put them all in one and not have a label on them, just the person in questions name? In simple have all the info both bad and good in one thread.

Is that not the same thing?
Normally that's what is supposed to be done.

Unfortunately, many of us lack the capacity to read and/or follow directions. Thus if there is a "BG" thread some will follow the instructions and post their interactions in tht thread..but another person may not have read the rules/suggestions and will post another type of thread (GG) and because this person either neglected to read the rules or is delibrately being obtuse the whole process starts over again.

So, it's not the site..it's the people (lord love 'em!)

HOWEVER, once a thread is started in the BOI for legal reasons and except for same, it is rarely moved, deleted or modified in anyway so it all stays there as a testimony to our inablity to FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS or perhaps our inability to research the rules before posting! (yes, I am also guilty).

end rant.

PS. You could have simply had ONE BG post with everything in it...even your GG posts would have to be in there. Aren't you glad they didn't get buried that way?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #20
deborahbroadus
Quote:
When I say "I didnt expect an answer" I was saying it as I am not getting my hopes up, I would like an answer but I dont expect anyone to really give me one.
Thanks
I suggest you say what you actually mean..it saves time backpeddling later.

You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genefreak339
Lol your are correct! Just figured I would ask.... Didnt really expect an answer.
Thank you
-Michael

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!