Swamp wars!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Dbz4246
Swamp wars!!

Alright I'm mad. I just happened to change the channel to Animal Planet and this show swamp wars was on. This show is crap!! A venom 1 team goes around responding to calls about snakes and monitors, all the while the freaking narrator is saying how bad these reptiles are, how horrible they are to the environment. That they can kill your pets and even you. (and yes I know they are an invasive species and need to be dealt with but come on!!) And then they show random videos of idiots who get bit by their snakes, the entire time they are saying how bad the snake is and how bad the bite is. What about the freaking snake!!! A pet snake that was being handled by multiple people and finally struck the owners face, in turn he yanks it off. Never did try say how it affected the snake or the fact that the snake died cause of an infection caused by all the teeth that got yanked out of its freaking head!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH
Ok I'm done

Old 08-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Metachrosis
Who patronizes AP?
Most knowledgeable animal keepers do not support AP,HSUS,ASPCA

Its hyped up junk science

Old 08-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Dbz4246
I Used to watch it when it was actually educational. Now it's all random shows with extremely biased information. What happened? I have only gone without cable for 3 years, this channel went down hill that bad?

Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Pythonbreeder99
I HATE ANIMAL PLANET. Especially that "Call of the wildman" show. "Oh my god this is the deadliest copperhead I've ever seen!!!!! Oops its a corn snake." "Corn snakes are nice but ratsnakes are mean" THEYRE THE SAME F*****G THING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anytime I see anybody watching AP I walk over to the television and turn it off.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythonbreeder99 View Post
Anytime I see anybody watching AP I walk over to the television and turn it off.
Agreed. Although I liked gator boys, but I can't remember if that's on animal planet or not.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #6
SPJ
I lost all respect for Al once I saw this show.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
Metachrosis
Their programing has been exactly the same since day one,it was new and flashy and people werent paying attention to what was being suggested
"as science".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz4246 View Post
I Used to watch it when it was actually educational. Now it's all random shows with extremely biased information. What happened? I have only gone without cable for 3 years, this channel went down hill that bad?

Old 08-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
hadenglock
Animal planet is only trying to keep up with ratings, fear is what keeps us watching. Most of this supposed info they have on the invasive species are either false truths, inaccurate, or just completely besides the point. They act like burms and monitors are the cause of total native habitat destruction, yet they dont even think about the feral cat populations that are in florida that are more likely the real culprits behind the destruction of native wildlife. Douglas Mader, literally the man who wrote the book on herp medicine, has evidence of Burms living in florida for the past 40 years, so why is it such a fuss now?? As much as the public would like to hear that boa constrictors are spreading out of control, there is a group of boas that have been studied and tracked in florida for almost 30 years now, that have not migrated at all. Its all crap and its bad for you

Old 08-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
Their programing has been exactly the same since day one,it was new and flashy and people werent paying attention to what was being suggested
"as science".
I dunno about that. I would religiously watch Animal Vets and Croc Hunter every single day they were on. Those two shows i think are what drove that station for a very long time.

I think there were a couple more, but it didnt always used to be SO bad as it is now. Hell, we just watched Croc Hunter two nights ago on Youtube just to see steve in action again.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Mooing Tricycle
Emergency Vets ***

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!